sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Hey guys
so I was looking into those Arc box intakes with filters but I'm not sure on how much better out would be or is it just to look nice and Shiney?

Is anyone on here using one and did you get any gains?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Waste of time. Unless you enclosed it you'd go backwards too. The only thing I would say is wrong with factory is that the snorkel is restrictive. Add another inlet to the bottom of the factory box and done.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Sweet well I'll save the $300 and just do that :)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I have one that I've been meaning to do back to back dyno testing with versus the factory airbox but I've got a vented bonnet...curious to see the difference on the same car.

Alas still not fitted my undertray (to improve cooling) either whilst I work through some other challenges.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
It would be good to see the differences on the dyno

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Mighty Car Mods did a video on this. On NA cars there was a slight loss in power (1-2kw) due to extra heat. On turbo cars, there was only a slightly gain (again only 2-3kw) due to less restriction. In either case, neither will be noticeable while driving.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah I didn't think it would be much but yeah in the end I guess if you want a really neat engine bay with polished alloy bits then yeah go for it but the way in looking at it is like $400for a brand new one that doesn't help me on any way I would rather spend that on something that could remotely help me get bigger power figures

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
I can't get any measurable gain with back to back testing on the dyno between factory box with snorkel, without snorkel (although I can see a pressure drop increase Roth the snorkel) and even without snorkel or air filter

Top Bottom