ASA Codes - Options, Exterior, Interior

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Hey guys, I'm interested in the unknown codes ASA throws out.
Seems we know a fair bit about our cars, http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.php?5786-Production-figures-Galant-Legnumhas a LOT of info - but on searching i couldn't find anything about these codes and their meanings.
Here's my car:
ASA.jpg

The classification is pretty straight forward as it tells you the types by clicking on it

Classification.jpg

Option codes: The option code is a three digit code, possibly each digit represents an option, eg first digit is unknown, 2nd digit interior, 3rd digit sun/moonroof.
This is all guess work but my car (408) has the roof rails, moonroof, standard interior (no MMCS).
Brad posted all the manual Roanne Red galants info as follows:
EC5A 0000598 SNGF H00 P78C 14X 1996093
EC5A 0001452 SNGF K00 P78C 14X 1996112
EC5A 0001945 SNGF 200 P78C 14X 1996122
EC5A 0002397 SNGF 2C0 P78C 14S 1997031
EC5A 0002787 SNGF 000 P78C 14X 1997061
EC5A 0100124 SNGF A04 P78E 30X 1997092
EC5A 0100424 SNGF 004 P78E 30X 1997123
EC5A 0100552 SNGF 030 P78E 30X 1998023
EC5A 0100617 SNGF 700 P78E 30X 1998032
EC5A 0100733 SNGF 000 P78E 30X 1998043
EC5A 0100838 SNGF A00 P78E 30X 1998062
As you can see no figure 1 or 3 lines up with my code (408), but as the moonroof is different to the galant sunroof you would expect that to differ and i don't think they come with rails so maybe 4 is the roof rail option. There is also two different codes in digit 2, C and 3. Maybe this is MMCS and something else (leather interior combo?). The only 3rd digit is 4 so maybe thats the sunroof code (and 8 is the moonroof code).

Exterior: WTF is the last digit - as seen above Roanne Red is P78, but lists with both C and E paint. Is this just an evolution of the paint over the lifetime, (so if P78 was still made today it may be P78K for example? I've seen this asked but no answers...

Interior: My car is basic PFL fabric (blue fleck fabric) - 14J. The Roanne galants show 14X, 14S (PFL) and 30X (FL). Now i'd assume 14X is blue fabric and X is just the galant code where J is the legnum code. Then 30X is the FL Red fabric. The S i'd think is leather. This lines up with my above assumption of the middle option code being interior as the S (leather) car shows as having code C (nothing elese has this code) and if i'm right the tan leather cars came with a different interior colour (tan w/different colour console lid?)
Edit:
14 is pfl, S (galant) E (legnum) tan leather, X (Galant) J (Legnum) Blue cloth
81 is definitely FL, X (Galant) J (Legnum) Red cloth. Need leather/recaro option/VIN codes
Need Facelift grey and grey recaro option/VIN codes

Basically i need more info from people with different combinations. I'd love the option codes (or VIN) of a manual leather car, mmcs car, non sunroof car, non-roofrail car, recaro option one etc etc.

Or i could be completely wrong (likely lol) - please let me know what you guys think
Edit - Ebay stalking:
*96 M Leggie, Option 410, Interior 14E. Pics show moonroof, no rails and Wood grain steering wheel, tan leather interior
So Option 4 = Moonroof, 1 = woodgrain st. wheel, 0 = no roof rails. 14E = Tan leather (legnum)
*99 M Leggie, Option 408, Interior 81J. Pics show moonroof, roof rails, std red FL interior.
Option 4= Moon roof, 0 = nothing, 8 = rails, 81J = FL red interior
*96 M Galant, option 010, interior 14S. Pics show woodgrain st wheel, tan leather interior
Option 0 = Nothing, 1=woodgrain st. wheel, 0 = nothing. 14S Galant tan leather (so 14 is pfl, S (galant) E (legnum) tan leather, X (Galant) J (Legnum) Blue cloth)
*98 M Galant, option B04, interior 81X. Pics show nothing std looking car, red cloth interior.
Option B = ?, 0=nothing, 4 = ?, Interior 81 is definitely FL, X (Galant) J (Legnum) Red cloth.
*99 A Legnum, option 008, interior 80J. Nothing but the rails. So maybe 80 is Auto, 81 is manual (FL interior)
*97 A Legnum, Option 408, Interior 14J. Sunroof, rails.
*98 A Legnum, option 400, Interior 25J. Sunroof no rails, but std pfl interior - WTF is 25J - seems this is just the new code, same as 14 - blue fleck PFL style. Might have had CF console (14 is woodgrain)
Nitephyres shows 008, int 65J which is rails only and 2nd gen FL interior w/Black and Grey seats and trims with silver console.
Working off this i'dsay 65 is that interior so J will be leggie and X will be Galant

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Giggidy - thats the bomb.
But its not complete. Missing late facelift interior, tan leather 14E plus more.
How can we edit that?

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
OK - I still need exactly the same thing as its quite incomplete.
If i could get VIN/Option codes and what you have in the car (factory) it will help fill in the blanks.
These are the options, Sun/Moonroof, Steering wheel type, Roof rails, Tinted glass/Privacy glass, Cold spec, Parking sensors (really??), TCL, HiVis, AYC, MMCS, CD Stacker, "Stealth tailgate" (deleted wing maybe?), Alloy wheel option, Car mats, Rear wiper, Cruise and "Parking Pole" (wtf?).
Please PM me/post your VIN and the options as listed (some will be impossible to know anymore like mats and alloys) and hopefully we can get some more of the weird ones.
Also the interior codes are lacking. I need anyone with Recaro seats (inc. supers as NO recaro's are listed in an "estate") and anyone with an update facelift with the grey interior would be awesome as NONE of these are listed. If you have the SRS option in any combo it would be great as well.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Here's my specs: EC5W LNGF 008 T08D 65J 2002052 - 2002052. Interior is black dash, silver console, grey/black seats & door trims.

Parking pole is a little plastic pole, that is usually attached to the LHS on the front bumper. It's used to see the front when parking.

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Cheers Matt - first post updated

Ionizer eh - i remember now - the little bulge on the AC box in the car (or is that the pollen filter). I haven't even checked mine so i'd think we'll be hard pressed to find this out. Maybe if someone who HAS the option could report their interior/option codes it would be easier

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Looks to be good stuff!
I think an amalgam of all the info is in order - the spreadsheet is good but too big, really needs to be VR4 specific (cruise, parking sensors and the million option codes - really only car about the ones that we could get on the VR4)
Was surprised to see old mate have the parking pole - classic!

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Here is mine hope it can help

EC5A 0200129
EC5A SYGF V00 T07E 80X 1998092 -1998092

V00 = Steering Wheel- Black Nardi, Tinted Glass- Side & Rear, Hi-vis Dash-yes, AYC- Yes, Alloy Wheels- Yes, Car mats- Yes, Rear Wiper- Yes
80x = Seat- Comfort[is that the springy one]/SRS, Cloth material and pattern- Black/red diagonal cloth, Console trim- Carbon, Lower Trim- Black

Cheers Phil

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
There is no such thing as parking sensors or cruise control or parking poles as standard. The idiots in the uk decided they would put after market stuff in their list.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
bored out of my brains so i thought i'd have a go at this:

EC5W 0005314 LNGF 000 X08B 14J 1996092

im guessing 000 option codes is the povo pack!

'96 Black PFL Legnum EC5W
X08 (B) Pyreness Black (Green pearl)- wonder what the 'B' means
privacy tinted side/rear windows- have a feeling this is actually tint though, not privacy glass
No roof Rails
No Sunroof
Ralliart Rear Muffler
Hi Vis Dash
AYC

Standard blue fleck PFL interior
Black Nardi leather wheel
Carbon dash
No MMCS
LEGNUM blue/grey fleck mats front and rear (All 5 of them!)
The SRS light on the dash flicks on when I turn the car on, this mean i have side airbags?

Anything ive listed contradict my ASA code?

EDIT:
checked out that UK google spreadsheet.
My legnum SHOULD have the woodgrain dash,
and apparently my tint is aftermarket as it lists 000 as no tint side/rear
And I do have a rear wiper

Top Bottom