ASA help needed, discussion about gear ratios, manuals only!

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I think it means the internals and control system are the same, but the gear box housing will be different due to it attaching to a completely different engine. Still, thats bloody awesome news for people who want to replace the guts of their gear box, I think :p

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
mmmmm CE GSR, why we never got them in oz is something ill never know and also makes me very sad

matchtheclown

Time p33nt
First Name
hugh
Drive
99 VR-4 Type S Man
Does this mean we might have an option on a longer 5th gear? There would be loads of aftermarket gsr parts yes?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
no, i dont think so, they were never that popular as far as i know. most parts availble were bolt on as they were overshadowed by the evo 4-6.5, a much more potent car. although, im sure the gsr and evo4 shared a lot of running gear parts (as the evo4 was non widebody)

however, the NZ market might hav more as theyre are a lot over there

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The internals from all EVO 4 to 9 5 speed boxes will drop straight in.

The only ones with a longer 5th gear are the EVO 7's (non RS) and EVO 8 5 speeds (non RS)

I'm currently running one of these sets out of an EVO 7 which also has a longer 1st and 2nd gear, allowing me to run to 100kmh in 2nd. A stock car goes to these speeds at 7000rpm in each gear:
61, 97, 145, 196, 267

My car goes to:
70, 105, 145, 196, 282

The cut out is actually at 8k though, so my 2nd gear actually goes to 119kmh :D

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hmmm, a longer first and second would be nice. not too mention a longer 5th. brad, what revs you doin at 110km/h in 5th?

Top Bottom