Automasters - April fool!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
Went to Automasters this morning (just around the corner from my place) to get my brake pads changed (brought my own with me- Bendix SRT for only $300 the full set).

He was asking for the model, I told him "Legnum - Mitsubishi", he wrote down "Lancer"... I said "Legnum, not Lancer".... he wrote down "Magna".... I said it's not a Magna it's a L-E-G-N-U-M!!! He said:" Ok that will cost you $200 for front & rear, if we need to machine the discs thats $50ea."

I was absolutely baffled and asked $200 for what? He said: "I need to do a roadworthy test once they are changed" I looked at his book, pointed at the crossed out Lancer, Manga and Legnam and said :"Mate you don't even know what car it is, how can you do a roadworthy test?! Sorry for wasting your time, cu later!"

F*** me $200 to change a few pads? Bloody hell, I'm off to Repco and buy myself a torque key!!!

TomTom

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type S
kfz_drehmomentschluessel.jpg

Don't you call it torque key?

$200 for swaping pads sounds alright? Jeeesus... shoudln't take longer then 30minutes! To put the Brembos on took me 2hrs... they are dreaming

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Torque wrench is what i thought they were called.

Why do you need one of the Tom? Just use the 'Grunt' scale. Bolts on the brakes require 2 grunts.....

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
LOL Tom you're a lazy biatch, in the time you wasted at Automasters you could have changed them yourself! :ROFLMAO: :p

G

Unregistered
Torque wrench is what i thought they were called.

Why do you need one of the Tom? Just use the 'Grunt' scale. Bolts on the brakes require 2 grunts.....

Or the skin on knuckles meter. If u have skin on both hands and all knuckles its not tight enough.

guppy

Crunching Gears
First Name
Craig
Drive
2001 Nissan Skyline GTR V-SpecII, 1971 Datsun 1600
took me 3.5 hours to change the front discs and pads on the weekend.

3 hours to piss about trying to undo lock-nuts that i don't have the key for. :cursing:

0.5 hours to change the discs and pads. :cool:

G

Unregistered
Don't you call it torque key?

$200 for swaping pads sounds alright? Jeeesus... shoudln't take longer then 30minutes! To put the Brembos on took me 2hrs... they are dreaming

No, it's usually known as a torque wrench.

Torque key would cause confusion with a Torx key.

Top Bottom