Bennoz aka Ben // Sydney - NSW

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. A great setup you have here :)

I currently have a 97 Mitsubish FTO, which took an unfortunate turn the other day. A larger than normal hit of nitrous on the dyno last weekend saw the end of my trusty 6A12 motor. So, I've decided to drop a 6A13 lump in & have been reading up on the motor & its intricacies here :)

I also need to source a motor too, so if any of you guys can point me in the right direction there, it would be much appreciated! I need a motor (with factory turbos & manifolds) a loom & an ECU. Would prefer stock & would prefer it to be between 50-80 thousand kays old. Dont need a box, but if its part of a package deal, I'll consider it. Im also in Sydney, but am happy to freight from anywhere in Aus.

Here's a couple of happy snaps of my P&J
mainphpg2viewcorehz0.jpg

mainphpg2viewcorecg9.jpg

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Welcome to OZVR4 mate! Hot FTO there :D very nice!!!!

Hope to see it on a cruise sometime when she's all fixed!

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Thanks guys!

Hotwire, if only my motor blew a month ago! I saw your spare 6A13 for sale on FTO Australia ;)

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Haha we seem to be slowly but surely attracting a slew of past and present FTO drivers lately!

Welcome to the site guys :)

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Hey Ben welcome to the club. Nice photos of your FTO.
How much did she manage on the quarter mile?

Best I managed was a 14.89 at 161kmh with a 100hp of nos. The poor full-slip diff in standard FTO gearbox let me down, wheelspun through most of first & second. I only recently got round to guying Cusco limo centre for it, but its sitting on my desk in front of me!

SiliconAngel said:
Haha we seem to be slowly but surely attracting a slew of past and present FTO drivers lately!

Welcome to the site guys :)

Cheers! Yeah, its funny, we get all the Mirage / Lancer guys coming to FTO Aus in search of a power up. You guys are getting us coming here looking to do the same :)

G

Unregistered
your 6a13tt will start at 140 kw atw and go up once you start modding, aiming for 250-300 kw atw at the moment

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Sweet! Not gonna do too much just yet. High flow the turbo's, plugging in & tuning up a Haltech Interceptor, then just plumbing the nitrous back in. I'll need to decrease the nos hit to 25hp & tune it so's it comes on earlier & helps spool up the turbos :)

G

Unregistered
Great write up .. looking forward to seeing the results :D

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Great progress Ben! Looking forward to seeing this puppy in the flesh :D

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Almost there! Hoping to try & turn her over next week :bigsmile:

dsc00039800x600jy8.jpg

dsc00051mediumiv3.jpg

dsc00052mediumjn0.jpg

dsc00055800x600.jpg

dsc00057800x600.jpg

dsc00058800x600.jpg

dsc00059800x600.jpg

dsc00060800x600.jpg

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Are you going to whack on a OEM plastic "Twin Turbo Intercooler" engine cover, as well?

Thats the plan, but Im having a great deal of difficulty finding one in good nic! :confused:

Top Bottom