Bennoz aka Ben // Sydney - NSW

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Always seems to be the way thou, cram more gear into a space that was designed for less.

Similar to the black top SR20 motors in the Silvia's, as opposed to the red tops. They came out with a 6 speed manual, but as is always the way, all the other the cogs had to be shrunk to make room for the 6th gear - hence loosing the strength they once had.

With FTOs (and a number of Galants as Brad mentions above) it was the torque converter that suffered.

"Here, have a little one to fit in that space... that was originally designed for a larger one"

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What worried me the most was Hyundai who used to use the W5A51 in their 4wd's. They have now launched a 6 speed auto in their newest 4wd's that is lighter and smaller, yet is connected to a diesel with more torque.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
What worried me the most was Hyundai who used to use the W5A51 in their 4wd's. They have now launched a 6 speed auto in their newest 4wd's that is lighter and smaller, yet is connected to a diesel with more torque.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I like that blue in the engine bay

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Looks great, Ben. I assume you'll let us know what and when it's published?

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
Thread resurrection! :ROFLMAO:

Still got the old girl! Just about to dust her off again, after its 421st gearbox rebuild lol

fto2.jpg

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Woah those photos are NSFW

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
WTF, I didn't put that there! Lol, deleted it though.

Top Bottom