Bigger Exhaust / Less Economy

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
Hey guys, bought and fitted a HKS Super Dragger 3 inch exhaust and am getting really average economy.

Last few tanks with my stock exhaust and Ralliart muffler were reaching around 450kms, now i am getting 250 or so.

The guts of the muffler look ok and there is a slight power increase so guess it is all good, but just bad economy.

Any ideas??

I have the same situation with you Bro, My exhaust system is completely custom from the begining with stock boost. I use volvo 3000 cc muffler. and i can only reach 300 km for 48 liter in open road or stop n go traffic. It reach the same number constantly, I use shell super extra 95 ron. So what should we do to restore the fuel economy? replace the o2 sensor and fine tuning the ECU? do you think it will solve the problem?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
maybe thats all there is in Jakarta

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Assuming you have a reason for using 95, without a tune it will be knocking like crazy at anything more than light load and therefore pulling all the timing out and adding fuel everywhere, equalling bad economy

G

Unregistered
Is there any octane booster additives available there that could help in the short term? Something like one of these...

ersanalamin

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ersan Al Amin
Drive
Year 2000 EA5A => FL EC5A
95 Octane is the highest quality for public consumption sold legally through out indonesia archipelago. the price is $1,2 USD/l. I even sometime gave the car lower RON 92 and 90 for long distant travelling where i rarely hit the boost or floor the throttle pedal. If you want higher RON than we should look for avgas/benzole on the black market (100 RON). sold illegally around local military based airport . worth $4-5 USD/l. I use the vr4 only on the week end. I use matic scooter for work to fight traffic jam in jakarta. No knocking with stock boost, at least untill now. So what do you guys suggest for fuel economy?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Assuming you have a reason for using 95, without a tune it will be knocking like crazy at anything more than light load and therefore pulling all the timing out and adding fuel everywhere, equalling bad economy

^ There's your answer.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
It's alright man, just quoted Shtiv as your question had already been answered and he's a tuning master ;)

Top Bottom