Height specs when add bigger wheels and lowered.

G

Unregistered
Hey people,

Without actually putting mags on my car and measuring its height, I need to know If I get bigger wheels and obviously lower(coilovers) my legnum to match the wheels, will the car be lower than stock??? Because this makes or breaks the deal with getting any as i can really have the car lower!!!!

Any ideas, info?

People who have done this post please

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Bigger wheels will make pretty much 0 difference to the car height as you should be matching the rolling radius of the factory tyres. ie. if you have the 205/55/16 factory tyres, you want to have 225/40/18 tyres to keep the same rolling radius to keep the speedo etc accurate.

So all you are doing is increasing the rim size, and reducing the tyre side wall but not changing the overall diameter (i.e. height of the car).

G

Unregistered
What Lee said.. :)

The size of your wheels doesnt matter it is all based around the radius of the tyres you run..

Im about to order a set of coils when i get back from holiday.. so go for it i think!

good luck

G

Unregistered
so...those of you who have lowered your cars....has it made it stupidly low and impractical? or is it ok???

Looking at these pics....

first one is mine, second one is Emanuel's

with his 17's it looks better than mine and isnt lowered!

but then you have sagging issues right? weather springs have sagged?? but seeings his is newer than mine, i dont think so....so i should be right getting 17's and wont have to lower it!

but then again, look at dimi's (3rd one) he really needed to lower his!!!!

Attachments

• vr41.jpg
    vr41.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 53
  • vr42.jpg
    vr42.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 58
  • vr43.jpg
    vr43.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 51
G

Unregistered
Your wheels at the moment look like 16's... the bigger the wheel the better it will fill the arch.. Even if you put 18's on yours dude it would still be the same height your wheel is at now... your tyre is where the difference is. So yeah, i would say you can lower your wagon bro... most definitely... a good inch or to your own taste and just remember... its not the rim size its tyre profile...

:)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Emanuals car has flares which alters the perception slightly by the look of it. Bottom line is, if you want to reduce the gap between the top of the tyre and the guard (which is what I think your getting at) then lowering is the way to go.

if you want bigger looking wheels, buy that, but be aware it won't change the look of how high/low the car is ;)

As for issues when lowered, I can't comment as Im at factory height, but ask Dimi as he is now lowered ;)

G

Unregistered
and no... your wagon wont be stupidly low.. :) itll be fine dude...
and yeah your friends ride height looks like an adventura.. ha

G

Unregistered
235/40R18's are 10mm bigger in diameter than stock wheels, which is what i use on mine to try get my wheel as close to the guard as possible, as i can't lower my car any further without smashing the side skirts into a lot of little pieces.

Top Bottom