Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Hi All,

two part question: (and I cant seem to find what I'm looking for using the search...)

1. Does anyone know or can go measure the stock height of their Galant? Talking from center of wheel to eyebrow - needs to be Galant as I suspect the Legnum would weight different over rear wheels.
2. Do the coilover choices (ISC, kido, etc) for a Galant/Legnum car still maintain at least 2/3 of travel of the original stock suspension? (provided they are adjusted to the correct height too). I cant seem to find any definitive info about stroke length of the coilovers.

I'm interested in getting coilovers - and tempted to get it engineered (as i know an engineer who has previously signed off on stuff like this) and get certificate from Regency. Before I get the coil overs, I want to know that it's achievable...

Cheers,
Bill

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
bump - as if you guys with Galants don't have a tape measure to help a brother out :p

marksanne

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Mark
Drive
1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
Maybe not many members on here still drive stock suspension?

I only own a Galant V6 N/A and a Galant 'VR2' (V6 N/A with VR4 engine) and I have never driven it on stock height. But I did have numerous coilover setups. Recently tried a JIC coilover set (brutally hard btw) and 2 different TEIN coilover sets (1 hard and 1 more comfortable set, this last one is on now). Anyway: All these sets provided me ride height that I could have turned up to stock height. Never done it, but it is possible for sure. Pretty sure with the TEIN coilovers it will bet around the 2/3 travel too on such a setting.

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
hey I got stock one I will measure it for you... tomorrow morning.. for the life of me I cant find my tape measure.. I can measure it right now in hand spans if that would help. or maybe I can get like straws and see how many straws would make it up whahaha...

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
ok I got 385mm at the fronts and 410mm at the backs... anyone got anything different??

Top Bottom