Reconditioned Stock Injectors

JayDay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
James
Drive
1999 FL Legnum (ex-Daily)

1985 Hilux 4X4 (Daily)
My Legnum has been off the road now for 3.5 years as I've slowly been acquiring all the parts to refresh the engine after it hit 200,000KM.
Given the stock injectors are now 23 years old I thought it was due for them to be replaced, but rather than immediately purchasing replacement OEM parts, at approx $100.00 each, I thought I'd look at getting them reconditioned.
I reached out to Goleby's Parts and they quoted $22 per injector plus $2.50 per o-ring needed for them to be tested and cleaned. Given the significant difference in price and the fact I'm not increasing the power of the car I thought this was good option.

Goleby's Parts turned around the injectors within a week. The feedback from the technician was that the injector were working perfectly fine, and all they needed to do was replace the o-rings.

I'm interested to know your thoughts of how the spec sheet provided compares to the injectors as new? And if they are the stock injectors from factory?

20220515_162304.jpg

20220515_162518.jpg
20220515_162539.jpg

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
They dont seem too far off.

They are rated for 390cc/min

390 x 58.3% = 227
227/2=113cc

113cc is pretty close to 122cc

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Galant VR4 twin turbo 1997
A heads up for anyone looking for "New Denso Injectors" for our cars.
After receiving $540 worth of Chinese rubbish I took a quick look at sent them straight back. For only slightly more I bought the Deatschwerks 440cc brand news with data and in manufacturers packaging. Other than the uscar connection and spacers they are a simple fit.
This is the 8th day now of waiting on my refund for the other rubbish. The excuses are an insult to people's intelligence.

IMG_20221115_114940.jpg
IMG_20221115_114923.jpg
IMG_20221108_132730.jpg
IMG_20221108_133555.jpg
IMG_20221108_133337.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
"The poor man always pays twice"
99% of the time its not worth saving a few bucks hey
Especially if an injector fails could cause a lean condition and loose an engine or worse leak and cause a fire.
Quality parts is cheap insurance i say

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Disappointed by the seller for openly advertising new Denso injectors. As a Mitsubishi "expert" I would have hoped for at least fully remanufactured injector and some sort of packaging to suggest credibility. Time to get the bank involved as this guy won't reply to emails.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Since changing out the injectors I've ended up with a nasty vacuum leak. Tried smoke tests etc with no luck. When cold the car shakes and carries on, fully warm it's completely normal, definitely not driveable though. Wondering if I haven't missed something stupid. Thinking the intake manifold gasket has had it as when warmed up and expanded it settles completely.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Since changing out the injectors I've ended up with a nasty vacuum leak. Tried smoke tests etc with no luck. When cold the car shakes and carries on, fully warm it's completely normal, definitely not driveable though. Wondering if I haven't missed something stupid. Thinking the intake manifold gasket has had it as when warmed up and expanded it settles completely.
I've gone over every inch of piping, smoke tests etc. Looking doubtful now that's it actually is an air leak. Intake manifold gasket sorted too.
Vacuum at idle is 9.9 or about 20 in.hg.
Checked coils, wiring and plugs. Tried out my spare throttle body too with no change.
O2 sensor shows normal reading as does engine temp sensor.
Anybody had this?

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
This is what my 3 rear plugs look like with this cold misfire or vacuum leak.

IMG_20221124_122221.jpg

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
Just talking to myself here, the only area left to check for an air/vacuum leak is the lower intake manifold.
Thinking after 25 years this may be the culprit, horrible cold idle, almost stalling if trying accelerate and having to wait 5 mins till it's driveble. Loss of boost, high fuel consumption and slightly hotter than normal.
Wondering if anyone else has ever done one, is it common?

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
So it was the lower intake manifold gasket, rear bank. A couple of loose nuts and an aging gasket.
Car is back to normal, boosting correctly and a rock steady idle.

mezje

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Maxim
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Manual
So it was the lower intake manifold gasket, rear bank. A couple of loose nuts and an aging gasket.
Car is back to normal, boosting correctly and a rock steady idle.

I can't imagine diagnosing that but glad to hear it is fixed! Not common for the lower intake mani to be removed.

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
There was really no other place left that could produce that kind of vacuum leak, absolutely horrible when cold and non existent once warmed up.
It was the rear bank gasket upper most, two of the nuts and spring washers where quite loose.
A day after the that my auto went into limp mode temporarily and started holding 4th. Managed to get ASC error 75 before a reset attempt. This has been very frustrating, did an atf and filter change only to see pink/red fluid which kind of says this is not the issue.

Last edited:

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
The other thing that might affect idle/AFR with non-OEM injectors is all the parameters within the ECU related to injectors.

• Injectors scaling/size
  • Latency
  • Low flow linearisation adder (this one is hard to get info for on most injectors, usually easier to correct in fuel tables, hence people with large injectors usually have weird values low in map for correction.)

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
A heads up for anyone looking for "New Denso Injectors" for our cars.
After receiving $540 worth of Chinese rubbish I took a quick look at sent them straight back. For only slightly more I bought the Deatschwerks 440cc brand news with data and in manufacturers packaging. Other than the uscar connection and spacers they are a simple fit.
This is the 8th day now of waiting on my refund for the other rubbish. The excuses are an insult to people's intelligence.

Where these a direct fit? Did you need to purchase different o-rings or spacers? What is the DW part number? Thanks

Baba Galant

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
John
Drive
All spacers and O rings are exactly the same. The 2 differences are height and connector type.
I modified my harness to suit the DW plugs and added spacers to my fuel rail, they where about 1/2 approx.
You can also buy plug n play pigtails as shown below.
You will need to add the height difference to 4 new mounting bolts also.

IMG_20230624_061840.jpg
IMG_20230624_062551.jpg

Top Bottom