Bolt On Flares

G

Unregistered
Hey guys, just a question, use your imagination s because I cant find any pictures showing it, but hiw do you think a VR4 would look rocking a set of bolt on flares over some big fat wheels?

In my head it looks bad ass haha.

Sent from the fires of Mt Doom

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Like the existing flares but heading more to Mad max territory. :-P But seriously have seen some pretty mean WRX pull it off..

Roy

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Roy Repas
Drive
EC5W 99 and 98 (twin FLs), EC5A 96, E39A 89
this is my project dream... I am doing it but I think the mags are ugly... I will get something else..

galant wide body.jpg

galant wide body.jpg

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
^^ Not my taste, think I prefer the one shown in one of Q's threads as an example of the style bonnet / kits that can be provided. Will see if I can find a pic. Though either are really in keeping with "VR4" style

This.jpg

This.jpg

G

Unregistered
FORGET ABOUT BONNETS! WHAT ABOUT THE FREAKING FLARES!!! Haha.

niterida

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ken
Drive
1997 Legnum
You want full guards widened like an RS6 Audi Avant

Something like this :

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0033.jpg

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
Bolt on flairs look a bit cheap to me. I'm thinking about ripping my FL ones off.
If you really want something aggressive, Q would be the man to talk too. He can fabricate up a set of custom flairs for probably cheaper than what importing a custom set from an international workshop would be.
Personally, aggressively pumped and rolled stock guards look the best. If you want to go wide-body spec, blended fibre glass flairs/arches would be the only option.

Then you've always got the Zomaya option :p
zomayasmall.jpg

Unco_Tomato

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt
Drive
1996 White Manual Legnum w/ FL Kit
I don't think you'd find many (or any) options for bolt on flares with the Legnum.

On a side note, how ridiculous does this kit look? (found whilst searching for flare kits)
picture_19699.jpg

Xoxide

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Reece
Drive
'98 Legnum
A lot of custom panel work went into that, but it's easily my favourite example of proper wide-body.

zomaya2.jpg
zomaya3.jpg

G

Unregistered
Yeah something like that but color coded

G

Unregistered
Hey guys,yea flares are hard. The issue is people forget about the lines and shapes our cars feature..and try bolt on rally style flares that look heinous.
Remember our cars feature a so what modern style with square rolled lines,some swag swages and rounded corners etc.
If you want to widen remember the reason why you want to do it? Ie wider wheels. Etc,then you still have to CUT your guards out to make the room..

As you know iv widened my ute,factory bolt on guards that are wider on the front and if there's some genuine interest in the rear I'm happy to SKIN my utes rear sides

But again to actually make it functional you'll need bigger wheels. And cut inner rear guards..
They both ft a 40mm than stock wider step. The rear and front are the SAME height as the stock too

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
there's this guy int he Philippines and this is what he's done to his car..

from a normal PHDM galant into a VR4 - not sure if its PFL (96-98) or FL (98-02)

from what I've gathered, he's extended the FL bumper, installed Supver VR4 skirts, extended the fenders, added FL flares on it..

44505_426821574833_646764833_4667400_7735278_n.jpg

and from what I was told old, he's using 18x10" rims not sure on offset though..

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I think Quinton's right. The styling of the 8g does not lend itself to the "add-on" type of widening. It needs to be done by making it look as if the entire guard was shaped that wide to begin with.

Top Bottom