Brake upgrades for Pre-facelifts

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
LOL, bugger me that didn't take long. Just bought a set of Z32 JDM Calipers, $250 ;)

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
to be honest the calipers are still sitting there. I haven't done anything with them yet.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Does anyone know if GTO (aka 3000GT aka Dodge Stealth) callipers will bolt up to a VR4? Do they use the same size rotor? Are there differences by model year?

When helping my bro service his car last week I noticed how much better the GTO callipers look (both aesthetically and strength / heat transfer, as they appear to be aluminium) than the stock VR4 ones, so if they fit they might be a good cheap replacement option... (not just in terms of initial cost, but also being able to keep original size rotors for those who have already upgraded). I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I beleive someone in the UK has tried to fit them but I don't know the exact reasons fro them not working.

I would say that the best thing to do is to take them off and measure the hole spacing, 130mm is for a prefacelift and 160mm is for a facelift at the front. If it lines up with either of those then it would be worth further investigation. Any other size and it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
Hey reviving an old thread, was there any progress with this?

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Yer, nothing like a almost 6 year revival:ROFLMAO:
Neither Bradc nor Trev are active on here anymore. I'd try clubvr4

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
Seen plenty of FL hub carriers kicking about of late at auctions, that's the way I'd go...

BR1JZL

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Brian
Drive
EC5A VR-4 Galant
I'm a broke man with big dreams and problems, haha

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yeah fl hub carriers used to be impossible to source, now they're everywhere, plus brembos are also cheaper now and easy. Below that just get decent pads and rotors and fluid.

Top Bottom