Brand new clutch has apparently disintegrated!

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Mine is the VR4SO one. Techsport say it is "supposed to grind". I know the bearing or fork isn't installed correctly tho but i have no evidence until i pay $$$ and get the box off.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I have an Exedy 7223HD, installed by John at UltraTune Hawthorn nearly 4 years ago, still going fine. Mine was the first VR-4 clutch he'd done.

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
There's really not much to it...just a lot of labour getting to it.

smitty

Sm'arter than the aver'age bear...!
First Name
Alex
Drive
98 FL Galant Type S Manual, FG XR6, VY Acclaim, MQ Triton GLS
I'm waiting on a written report from excedy saying the clutch was installed incorrectly, then I'll be giving the old mechanic the "what the fuck?". So can't afford this crap at this time of year! Oh and I think my new microwave is about to blow up too.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
Unbeknownst to me, there's a nice little (rather large) label saying exedy does not offer a warrantee on performance clutches....

cyber_scriber

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Bruce
Drive
2000 Galant; metallic dark blue; manual; Recaros; Momo steering wheel; and sunroof!
Exedy cannot dupe you out of your statutory rights.

Under the new Australian consumer law, you're entitled to redress if the goods aren't of acceptable quality.

Send them a letter mentioning this and see where it gets you.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Yep I'm sure there would be some course of action if the clutch was defective, but wasn't it installed wrong in which case it would be the issue of the installer?

Jonson

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jon
Drive
MY15 X MR
As soon as it is installed wrong (which is hard to prove each way) you won't get a dime out of them. Chasing the workshop will be a dead end because they will just say it's clutch problem, Excedy will say fitment problem.

smitty

First Name
Alex
Drive
I might look into that... seeing as it was the OEM clutch that was installed incorrectly the first time, and I purchased an exedy one to replace that, and it was the exedy one that failed, i guess i might have a case. But yeah I suspect it'll be a dead end regardless.

Top Bottom