Broken gearbox selector? help please

G

Unregistered
need some help guys, took off in 1st gears, not fast normal, went to change to 2nd, when it felt like the box shifted south on me. 1st/3rd/5th are where neutral was, and neutral is where 2nd/4th/R was.
is it the seletor inside the box?
do i need a new box? transfer case?
i know im up for some bucks, no one in town will touch it, even mitusbishi turned me away because they dont know what they're dealing with. any help would be great

cheers

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
i think its justa joint on top of the box that has a rivet? i think naughtika had the same issue a while back...

G

Unregistered
i hope so thanx guys, do u have to pull the box off to fix it? i know stupid question but im askin it anyway

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Had this issue at Winton in my FTO. Had a 4 hour drive home with 1st, 3rd and 5th! I'm just glad I had those gears and wasn't stuck with 2nd, 4th and reverse. Would have been fun on the Hume in 4th...

But yeah it is scary as hell when you do it, but it is a really easy fix. And if you fix it right, by drilling and using bolts instead of the stock rubber & glue, you're left with something much better than factory!

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Had this issue at Winton in my FTO. Had a 4 hour drive home with 1st, 3rd and 5th! I'm just glad I had those gears and wasn't stuck with 2nd, 4th and reverse.

I dunno... in an 8g VR-4 I think I'd want reverse, unless I was sure I'd never have to turn around anywhere. Turning circle of a barge!

Top Bottom