business signage on my legnum

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Hi guys, as many of you know, I run my own website design business. As my legnum is quite the unique car, I am looking at getting some vinyls done for my car to promote my business. I don’t want to simply chuck tacky signage all over it, it needs to compliment the car. I was thinking maybe if the vinyl was a metallic silver, it would give a nice effect.

Anyway, do you guys have any ideas of what I could do? Our business logo is a single color logo, and we are not locked into using any particular color.

Here are some examples I have knocked up:

side-1.jpg

side-2.jpg

rear-1.jpg

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I think the second pic, but with the logo horizontal (just under the door handles) would look cool. "three :" on one door and "am design" on the other?

cheers

Lee

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I like the second pic Simon, but opposed to the "other" Lee:)P), I like the angle. A gold(ish) colour is good would be good as it would be noticeable but not intrusive.

Rear info would definately have to be in white.

G

Unregistered
The first one will be harder to read and see, for other drivers.

G

Unregistered
good call brad.. i like the first one but its not to easy to see, just looks wicked.. i say side and back in the same color you have done it.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
My 2c:

The second one is a good advertisement for your company, and while its fairly attractive it still looks like a company logo. The first looks like a cool logo on a car, blends in well and just looks cool, but because it matches the car so well it doesn't stand out like hairy dogs balls. The rear once again looks like company logoing and in terms of aesthetics looks awful, but in terms of promoting your business it looks the goods.

IMO its nearly impossible to include contact details like a website into a car logo without making it look commercial. OzVR4.com is so short and sweet (and its a .com, not a .com.au) that it almost manages it, but I still don't want that on my car... Which is why I'm working on an alternative ;)

Whatever you choose, Simon, it will look good - you have a good eye for design from what I've seen :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
The angled one would get more attention and you'd need the bit on the back to explain it i reckon.

The grey does look good on the side, but i dunno about white on the back, perhaps a light grey?

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
Give me a call i can do the vinyls for you cheaper then anyone else ever will.

i can do custom vinyl signs, for anyone and can be of anything. we can do single or multi layer signs and picstures give us a call, i will look after anyone that is from the ozvr4site :)

Wes

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
thanks for the comments guys, and thanks Wes for your offer.

Im most likely going with the angled logo in a metallic silver. The back...I dont know about. I agree it looks aweful, but whats the point of having your logo on something if people dont know what you do or how to get in contact with you.

Perhaps I should just have a smaller 3am logo on the back window, and then have our url in the metallic silver on the back bumper.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Small URLs might be the way to go IMO Simon. Dump the "www." at the front and make sure a root address request will resolve back to a www address, which will improve the look 100%. I suggest halving the size of the URL too, and like you said sticking it on your bumper instead of the window - I daresay the vinyl lettering wouldn't enjoy the rear wiper much anyway ;)

Hey Wes, can you do stuff in porous coloured tint? A mate of my brother's runs a custom tint company over here (CurrentTrendz) and I'd be interested to see if someone can better his work (and his rates ;))

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
but opposed to the "other" Lee:)P)

Hey! I'd prefer to be known as the "original' Lee :)

"Cause I'm leebutts, yes I'm the real Lee
All you other OZVR4 Lees are just imitating
So won't the real Lee please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?"

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
haha, fair enough... but the original is almost always flawed in some way and the "new-improved" model is almost always better :p

(Just shit stirring now hehe)

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
lol good call! I am flawed in a variety of interesting ways hahaha

Sorry to get this thread off topic Simon!

The Lee's will have to settle this in the postwhore thread :)

G

Unregistered
I like the tyre mark on the road in the third one ... I hope u 180 handbraked it into the side of the road ??
Second one looks fantastic ...

G

Unregistered
how about mine? :D

p1010913mediumxb1.jpg

the dust is from the car park at motorvation, and my gf thought it was funny to draw in it... :p

G

Unregistered
Im most likely going with the angled logo in a metallic silver.

As wes will probably tell you, make sure you get a vinyl that is designed for external use. I found this out the hard way, got a vinyl cut for my gf in a rainbow silver, the thing lasted a couple of months before going to a seethrough goldy colour (looks bloody awful). So yeah just make sure the vinyl is going to last out in the elements.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Put it along the rear 1/4, just below the window, maybe have it just overlap the rear doors aswell.

It will still stand out, but not 'write off' the whole side of the car?

Top Bottom