frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Not that it is in my budget at this point, but wondering about sizes. I do like my wheels very much, however i dont think with my offset the evo brembos are going to clear. It's only about ~1mm/2mm too close, which makes me wonder how 'slim' the project mu's are in comparison. Unfortunately i haven't been able to find data on the dimensions of the Brembo's so was hoping someone could assist.

^
Height (sitting the caliper upright, from the bottom to the top)
|

--Length---> (sitting the caliper upright, from the left to the right)

/ Width (the width of the caliper from front to back)

Stock Series 1
(same as series 2?)

Stock Series 2
Caliper dimensions: 220mm x 105mm x 145mm (unsure which these relate to)

Evo 7-9 Brembos
Length: X? Width:X? Height:X?

Evo X Brembos
Length: X? Width:X? Height:X?

Project Mu FORGED SPORTS 4Piston SLIM:
Caliper dimensions: length : 275.0mm / width : 140.0mm / height : 71.6mm

Project Mu FORGED SPORTS 6Piston SLIM:
Caliper dimensions: length : 275.0mm / width : 136.45mm / height : 74.42mm

G

Unregistered
If you had of posted this a week ago, I could of measured both the stock and brembo calipers for you. I have the stock ones sitting at home which I can measure tonight if you want...not sure if I can much with the brembos as they are now on the car, but will try.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I still have my brembos sitting in a box, I'll have a look and measure them when I get home.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Evo 5-9 Brembo's require about 70mm away from the face of a stock VR-4 disc if that helps you at all.

G

Unregistered
Stock series 2 calipers...figures are approx within a cpl of mm.

Height = 220mm
Width = 145mm
Length = 105mm

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Brad its more to have a searchable reference - im quite sure the brembos will not fit with my current wheels, but im curious to see the different sizes in the different models.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Surely the overall size is not relevant at all? Or are you trying to do something that I'm not understanding?

If you want to work out which one is best, you need to be looking into piston sizes, average distance of pad from center, pad area. For example the Evo 5-9's have a pair of 40mm and 46mm pistons with an effective mean rotor diameter of 263mm (this is the mid point of pad contact. Evo X's have smaller pistons but their mean rotor diameter is about 298mm. I think the total works out to be about the same.

A stock VR-4 caliper by the way has a pair of 32mm pistons and a mean rotor diameter of about 240mm

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I think he's trying to find out if which caliper is bigger or smaller than the evo brembo's so that he can fit it under his current rims..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
I think he's trying to find out if which caliper is bigger or smaller than the evo brembo's so that he can fit it under his current rims..

^ This. Thanks Christian.

However brad, for completeness of the thread for people who may be after those details, perhaps those details would be worthwhile for me to find / add

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
This depends on the style of the spokes, but you will need a good 35mm gap between you current rims and stock calipers to even consider Brembos.

I pulled my Volks off my stock Legnum on the weekend, there was a good 10mm between the spokes and the caliper. When i tried to fit them to my Legnum with Brembos, the wheel studs didn't even reach the bolt holes on the wheels.

My AVS 5's have around 10mm gap on the face of the spoke but only about 5mm where the spoke meets the hub. It's not just the width of the caliper but the shape as well.

Top Bottom