Centre dash gauge pod holder?? Aftermarket or GTO?

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Hey guys,

I seen pictures of people doing the stealth install where the clock is and putting gauges in. But I've also seen pictures of people having some sort of pod holder that mounts where the clock is. Just wondering is that an aftermarket piece or did it come from a GTO is there a part number? I want to get my hands on one of these :D Thanks to anyone and everyone that replies :D

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Gly (Carsten) has made an aftermarket one that mounts on top of the clock, it is in his ride thread. I haven't seen any others, just people putting gauges where the clock is.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Is this what your talking about Dean??

3.JPG

attachment.php

If so, PM Gly, he makes them from memory...

Scottie beat me too it !!

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Ohh yeah that's it!!! I actually havent seen it from inside the car, just outside. I thought the clock was gone but its not! It looks ace, I have one of the dodgy clocks which I read I have to solder the dry joints :D Im going to have to put new pics up soon too show off the new rims :p Bit like yours Kitty but with dish

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hmmm, I though Carsten is not willing to produce this gauge holders as it takes a massive time to do.

G

Unregistered
yep that item is handmade by me,

I've made one other (only 2 gauges in that one) which i sold on here to someone (at a loss)
basically its to costly time wise to make them,
and molding isn't worth it either, (not enough demand, and molding costs)

if you want one, you'll either have to make it,
or if your really hard up, ill make one to the primer stage for $160aud delivered (does not include gauge shades)

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Shotgun Gly!!! Do you have pics of the 2 gauge pod holder? I sent you a pm but no reply yet. But here you are :D I'm not fussed about the price, I just want it there lol The gauge shades are just the standard that come with the gauges or aftermarket gauge shade? Anyways can't wait to hear back from you :D

G

Unregistered
just ones that come with the gauges,

the first one i made isn't faced towards the driver, and had shades built in, which turned out to a a pain in the ass to do,

ill have to search through my drives for pics of the first one.

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
Yeah I'll just use the standard ones then Gly, if you could reproduce a 3 gauge holder facing driver, like the ones in the piccy's that'd be ace. And yeah primer stage is fine too XD Pm your bank details and I will gladly transfer the funds to you :D Thanks heaps again! :lol:

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
you could get really keen and fibreglass 2 pods to the base of the original clock like this....
IMG_0103.jpg

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
They both look good....

My advice would be to make your own. Plumbing pipe, cardboard and bog. You'll get a greater sense of satisfaction if you do it yourself! :)

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
What Cameron posted up is what i'd be keen on doing. Making use of the useless clock area so the gauges sit lower on the dash.

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
That really does look ace! In saying that I have never fiberglassed anything before nor am I going to start messing about with it. I'm sure if I made something I'd appreciate it, but doesn't mean it's any good :p Not saying yours isn't Cam, like I stated at the start of this post I think its looks shit hot. Wish I had the knowledge and skills!

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
yea it sure is mine,i got the defi ones cause they match the hi-vis dash colours.took alot of time to get it looking good.it really needs a new layer on vinyl due to townsville heat making it fade and come loose.gotta love being a car audio fitter,got all the stuff at work.haha.did all my boot and even fitted my intercooler at work too.(y)

cam1754

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
cameron
Drive
1996 galant vr4
alot of work involved but i also need spare clocks,well the clock mounting thingy cause i used the factory bottom so it clipped into the original places.any1 got spare clocks i can cut up??

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I want a pod with 2 or 3(pref 3) gauges to replace the entire centre section, not just sit on top of the clock, if that makes sense. Just like the turbo R34 Skylines have but obviously rounder to suit our dash.

Anyone keen to make on of those for me? :p

IMAGE_348.jpg

IMAGE_348.jpg

Top Bottom