Changed front wheel hub yesterday.....

G

Unregistered
And what a bitch of a job it is!
The hub was properly rust welded in and the driveshaft was very hard to push back (so you can get to the bolts on the back of the hub). Destroyed one hub puller and resorted to a propane torch and jack handle breaker bar to get the hub off.

But on the up side i can definately say that these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWNX:IT&viewitem=&item=160243617486 fit a preface legnum! Was always a bit of confusion over at CVR4 about it. Big saving over stealerships' price, and the shipping only took 3 business days.

All I can say is, make sure you have an entire day to get it done, a few difficulties can arise.

Cheers, Bart.

G

Unregistered
how about the ABS fins.. or whatever it is called?!

Ah you mean the ABS ring behind the hub? i didnt find that was in the way once the driveshaft was pushed back enough, gave the ABS sensor a wipe over whilst i was there, was fairly filthy.

That what you mean? lol

G

Unregistered
whats the benifit of this???? are they light weight

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
joe, not much benefit.. But assurance that yours won't fall off easily since it's brand spanking new

G

Unregistered
whats the benifit of this???? are they light weight

The benefit is i now have a non stuffed wheel bearing! And for the somewhat bargain price that those hubs are, it is about the same as going to all the trouble of re-using the old hub and just replacing the bearing.

G

Unregistered
sounds good... so do our VR4's share the same hubs as a eclipse? im assuming so

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
All of us with the knowledge are winners actually :) I'll add the "search" terms here once eBay gets rid of the listing eventually.

1 Wheel Hub Front Galant Eclipse Stratus Sebring 95-07

Cheers for the heads-up Bart.

Top Bottom