drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for those who has change their brake pads before
Did you guys use the piston caliper tools to wind back the piston? Which one did you use?

I've done this couple times on previous cars, sometimes a bit difficult without the caliper tools, planning to buy that caliper piston tools before start the process this time

cheers

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Do not need any special tools. Just a socket set with a 14mm (From memory) socket.

There is always ghetto ways around pushing the pistens back in. I personally wouldnt waste money on a specific piston pusher-iner-a. If worse comes to worse, just release the bleed nipple.

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
Trev, the bleed nipple wont work if the piston is a screw type isn't?

Im not sure what type is our caliper piston, the screw-in or the push-in type.

drez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dre
Drive
Galant type S 2000
thnks steve, yes if its a push type then i can use the clamp easily
cheers

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
when you push the piston back.. make sure you open up the reservoir at the top and have a rag under it if you think it'll over flow...

rather have it pushing back up on the reservoir than leaking out of the piston seals..

minik1971

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nigel
Drive
White 1990 BMW 535i was a Black 1998 Legnum FL (written off)
If you don't have a g clamp a big flat screwdriver works well if you leave the old pads in while you lever the piston back. Just my 5c

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I found using my big socket extension bar pushed it back in easy, just stick it in the middle of the piston and push. dont let the piston come all the way out though, its a bitch to get back in if you do.

Top Bottom