Changing Front Hubs, Pictures 1to60

G

Unregistered
hey wats up...nice work ....am from the caribbean and now own...a vr4 ..legnum....but parts is hard to get in trinidad......where u from..?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Looking forward to the guide that goes with all these great shots Kat. My left wheel bearing is screaming and I need someone to show me the in's and out's of the process... So whats the eta?

G

Unregistered
This was VERY helpfull Kat! Thankyou!! It allowed me to see what I was up for and have all the necisary tools/parts, made the job very simple.

Thanks!! Someone should put this in the DIY section or sticky it.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Apologies Guys, these guides are 90% done, just been busy on other things, I just need to put a couple more notes on the pictorials, plus find the pictures of driving the hubs out of the carriers using a copper drive bar and the 4x retaining bolts, will get this done this week....... been a slack bitch, I'll extract thy fist..

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I have just replaced mind last Thursday night. I followed the guide on some points, didn't used any chisel or pulley remover coz I don't have those tools so I used rubber mallet and a piece of 4x4 timber wood to dislodge the hib from the carrier.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
That must have taken some almighty wallops Irwin, mine let go with an almighty bang using the wheel puller, but glad you found it of some use...

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
No, not at all. It was just mild tapping around it and it appears mine is not rusted enough to get it stucked.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
yeah i did the same, just rotate and wack rotate and wack rotate and wack lol didnt take that much to get them off.

mine didnt have bolts holding them in place though looks like yours have bolts to hold the rotors in place, mine were just sitting between the bolted on wheel and the rest of the hub. i always spray allot of CRC type sprays to get things to loosen up etc.

Top Bottom