Clutch Workshops - WA

G

Unregistered
It takes between 8 - 10 hours to remove and replace the gearbox (thats taking your time and being careful. The wiring is very brittle). I have used the clutch factory (dowd street) in welshpool for all my clutch plate and pressure plate work.

rooks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew
Drive
2005 ST246 Caldina GT4
update: Ended up getting my 100,000km service and clutch change at Ben Tan auto over in Jandakot.
He has worked on a silver leggie before mine, X17X reincarnated perhaps which did a 100k km service there. The car feels great and all seems good clutch wise too.
Great price for the combined work, the only complaint I had was being told that the gearbox fluids were slightly leaking only after the car was already fully assembled. :001_huh:

Apparently the seal below which I supplied in the hope would be the gearbox seal stopping the leak was also 'wrong' and didn't fit.
Man Gearbox Input Shaft Oil Seal . . MB936826

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Id be chasing down that part number and seeing if its correct or not......what clutch kit you get?

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Went to Tokyo Motorsports

They fitted my Nick Mann evo flywheel conversion (~$75 AUD), an evo flywheel that I supplied (~$120 AUD), and, a clutch kit which was apparently an Exedy MBK-7420HD.

Total cost was $2038.50 drive in/out including oils, clutch kit, rear main seal, etc. They quoted $1938 but they had to bleed the clutch, adjust the pedal and such.. plus they also spent some time trying to source a new front engine mount (its fairly cactus) and fixing up a couple omissions in my engine bay.

Compared to my previous clutches, the pedal feel is quite hard.. I only hope this means that it will never slip in 1000 years. :) Stalled it out of the workshop though, hah.

Seemed to know exactly what they were doing, was done in 1 day flat, took a second day but was ready by 9:30am which was tem just trying to chase up the engine mount.

Highly recommended.

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
I have a Nick Mann adapter kit I never used if anyone is chasing one for use with a similar evo setup on the VR4...

Top Bottom