crazy price for carbon set ebay

G

Unregistered
Hey guys who the heck paid a $127 for the carbon set of panels around the radio and tranny box.
Are you mad I had mine custom painted in silver at a panel shop and they did the dash panel as well and all for $30.
I know the wooden panels look like an old Jag knock of but a paint job at a good panel shop can fix that and make it even nicer.
I will post picks soon as I think mine is definately in the top 5 of interiors I have seen from vr4 world wide.
Cheers and ask before you spend $127.

G

Unregistered
I was looking at getting a brushed aluminium look done in the magna but it was going to cost me $500 to get it done through a company OR $575 (plus postage) to buy it through a place. So $127 sounds almost reasonable.

I would like to through it out there though that if your looking to paint it, i'd love to see somebody use one of the paints from Alsa Corp, they have some really awesome paints (for a price though). Inparticular check out the Mirra Chorme, Crazer and Eclipse paints.

G

Unregistered
Hey guys who the heck paid a $127 for the carbon set of panels around the radio and tranny box.
Are you mad I had mine custom painted in silver at a panel shop and they did the dash panel as well and all for $30.
I know the wooden panels look like an old Jag knock of but a paint job at a good panel shop can fix that and make it even nicer.
I will post picks soon as I think mine is definately in the top 5 of interiors I have seen from vr4 world wide.

This was me.

And it turns out its the wrong dash for my legnum :(

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
That's about market rate, they sell for about $50 on yahoo Japan, so by the time you get it posted here it would be about $100.

I'd pay that much for a carbon set in good condition. But I'll wait and see what your pics looks like, most painted ones I've seen look a bit tacky

cheers

Lee

NickTee

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
dirty silvia

Yeah man I HATE when people buy something they want

Mrk_VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
1998 VR-4 Legnum
I'd like to see you get one painted to look like carbon fiber or covered in carbon fiber, wouldn't be cheap. I aggree with lee, most painted ones look tacky and quite out of place, i've only seen a few that actually look any good. $127 is actually a pretty good price for a cf dash, i paid a bit more than that for mine.

G

Unregistered
i sold my mint carbon dash for $200nz + shipping

supply and demand dictates the price,

love my genuwine Ralli-Art dash :p

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Sorry Derek, I wasn't having a go at your efforts, I think you did a great job!

Was aiming that comment more at the one's I've seen that end up looking really "flat". Not sure if that makes sense...? :)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Sorry Derek, I wasn't having a go at your efforts, I think you did a great job!

Thanks Lee. I know you weren't having a go. I just like making fun of the amount of purple in my life (I'm wearing a purple shirt right now...). It seems people either love it or hate it, and I like to be subversive around blokes who are scared of purple LOL (not saying that you are, of course)

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
How'd you go about ordering the ralliart dash Carsten?

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
painted mine on the weekend after checking the price of a carbon or other. $12 for a can of gloss black (to go with the rest of the car) and a couple of hours to wait for paint to dry to recoat. the gloss turned out to be a nice satin finish. for $12 i'm chuffed. looks sooo much better than wood grain. i did see the chrome paint and had some thought but was not confidant about the finish and how it will look. the black turned out good. have got some pics will post soon.

Top Bottom