crazy week of breakdowns.

G

Unregistered
Hey guys thought I would share.
With driving on some of the worst roads in the world and doing it for almost a year and almost 20K in 12 months I had a rough week.
First the oil dripping from my oil catch can which sits on the left side of the motor above the alternator belt.
Belt broke and so did pulley from the oil. Have moved the oil catch can to the other side to avoid this in the future. Was fixed fast and cost me next to nothing as my mechanic mate owed me a favour.
Then a few days later started to get a surge in the revs and was concerened about the transfer case but turns out the 6 puck ceramic clutch only did 15K or so and packed it in with my driving and numerous launches. Again took a day to stick a new stock clutch in but still have the lightened fly wheel and stronger pressure plate so hope to get a few KM's out of this one but for $100US for parts and labour I dont care how long it last's as long as its more then 10K or until I get my OS giken tripple plate re made and sent here.
Then I also had the gear selector break so I drove with a worn clutch and on the way to the workshop I lost all but first gear and was fearing the worst but again my mate had it fixed in under an hour and didnt even charge me a thing.
Was a scary week but with a happy ending.
Hope to get my turbos next week and then will install them and my car will stop smoking as I also have a leaking gasket which will also be fixed during the turbo install and hope to fix all my suspension as that is all knackered as well on the Kyrgyzstan roads but within a 2-3 week period I hope to be dragging all V12 mercs and Bmers at every set of lights.
Can wait to see how much different the garret's of the GTR will help the car but I am optimistic it should be close to Madhavs figures and that will make me happy especially that it will be in a manual.
Till then hope nothing else breaks but I have to say that the vr4 is a tuff car overall with my driving and the roads that its on.

Top Bottom