DBA Rotors - Part numbers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just a quick summary of DBA Rotors that are available for our cars with stock brakes. As you're probably aware, part numbers for standard DBA rotors are DBA417 for the fronts and DBA429 on the rear. If you want slotted, add 'SL' and 'SR' (Slotted Left and Slotted Right) to the end of the part number, eg DBA417SL.

For those wanting premium 5000 series rotors, your part numbers will differ slightly. You can only get the front rotor size in 5000 series, and the basic part number is DBA5417.

However, these are available in a variety of colours, being Red (RED), Gold (GLD), Blue (BLU) and Black (BLK). So you add the colour to the part number, making it DBA5417RED for example.

Next you need to add SL for left slotted, and SR for right slotted, giving you DBA5417REDSL, for example.

Your final option is their XS cross drilled rotors, which are made-to-order. To get these, your part number is XS at the end, instead of SL or SR.

If you want mid-range 4000 series you can just change the leading 5 to a 4, making your part number DBA4417REDSL for example.

DBA were unable to give me pricing as you need to go through a brake workshop to buy them. Anyone work for one and want to chase up pricing for us? ;)

Just for clarification, the DBA site doesn't list the colour options that were explained to me on the phone. However from our conversation it sounded like DBA can made-to-order just about any combination within their range even if its not usually supplied in that configuration - it will just take time to get made and may cost slightly more.

img0992smallqv6.jpg

G

Unregistered
that is SO handy!! Good Stuff.

Just for good measure, you have the part number for the Evo rotors?, just so we know what to get if we were to upgrade to Evo Brembo's.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
DBA 5000 series part numbers for EVO Brembo fronts:
DBA52218 (+SL, SR, XS etc)

DBA 4000 series part numbers for EVO Brembos fronts:
DBA4418 (+SL, SR, XS etc)

DBA 4000 series part numbers for EVO Brembos rears:
DBA4419 (+SL, SR, XS etc)

Just for your reference,

Original Rotor Dimensions:
Front Diameter 294mm
Original Height 46mm
Original Thickness 24mm
Minimum Thickness 22.4mm
Centre Hole Diameter 69mm

Rear Diameter 284mm
Original Height 60.2mm
Original Thickness 20mm
Minimum Thickness 18.4mm
Centre Hole Diameter 90mm

Brembo Rotor Dimensions:
Front Diameter 320mm
Original Height 43.5mm
Original Thickness 32mm
Minimum Thickness 29.8mm
Centre Hole Diameter 69mm

Rear Diameter 300mm
Original Height 57mm
Original Thickness 22mm
Minimum Thickness 20mm
Centre Hole Diameter 90mm

G

Unregistered
few words of advice...

there has been a lot of cases of cracked DBA rotors recently, in the standard slotted series (not 4000/5000).
if you want standard slotted rotors, go for RDA.

however, the DBA4000 rotors are great, and if you are going to be chewing through rotors, DBA5000's are expensive at first, but being a 2 piece design you only need to replace the rotor disc, not the top hat when you replace them, making them cheaper in the long run.

and stay away from cross drilled too, they crack and warp around the holes quite easily.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
I have also been recommended RDA rotors over the DBA ones. A quick point to note is that the groove goes all the way to the edge of the rotor on the RDA discs, but stops before the edge on the DBA disc. This hampers the gas flow between the disc and rotor.

G

Unregistered
that's where the DBA's have been cracking Mark, where the slot finishes before the edge of the rotor.

and the 'kangaroo paw' cooling vents are useless, normal vanes/reverse vanes are much better

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I have also been recommended RDA rotors over the DBA ones. A quick point to note is that the groove goes all the way to the edge of the rotor on the RDA discs, but stops before the edge on the DBA disc. This hampers the gas flow between the disc and rotor.
that's where the DBA's have been cracking Mark, where the slot finishes before the edge of the rotor.
Interesting. Is this the case with the 5000 series too, guys? Other than the price, I've heard nothing but good things about those, so interested to hear otherwise?

G

Unregistered
If u read his post it says;
there has been a lot of cases of cracked DBA rotors recently, in the standard slotted series (not 4000/5000).
if you want standard slotted rotors, go for RDA.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
I am also led to believe that the crossed drilled RDA rotors are cast with the holes in them, not drilled afterwards like the DBA rotors.

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
RDA do not manufacture cross drilled (or cast with holes) rotors. The closest they have is the dimpled and grooved, which are indeed cast. Their slotted rotors however are blank rotors that have the slots machined into them.

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
My bad :) Thanks Trav, the old memory aint what she used to be :D

Nick

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nick
Drive
Aristo
FYI, I have been using the ones in the pic at the top of this post, the DBA 4000 Cross Drilled, Slotted and Vented for the past year!
I am a spirited driver and have done some track work on them reaching speeds of 220 plus! Not one crack, never given me headaches! They do chew through pads quicker than normal rotors of course, but who cares when you want to slow down from 220 to make the next corner! lol

sik_wagon99

Idling at the Lights
First Name
matt
Drive
99 magna wagon
just a quick question i bought 4000 series brake rotors for my magna. will they fit a legnum? if so ill be taking them off before i sell the magna

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
They most likely won't, most magnas had smaller brakes. The sizes for VR-4's are listed above, I think most magnas were 28Xmm at the front and 27Xmm at the rear.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
They most likely won't, most magnas had smaller brakes. The sizes for VR-4's are listed above, I think most magnas were 28Xmm at the front and 27Xmm at the rear.

some magna/verada models that came out in oz had 2 pot front calipers..

I have just checked the dba catalog and here's what I found..

Magna

TJ AWD V6 - Standard (slotted or X Drilled) - DBA417 (4000 & 5000 series will fit)
TJ Ralliart - same as above..
TJ (standard) - DBA425 - so this definitely won't fit..

Verada
KJ 3.5 - DBA425 - wont fit as well
KJ AWD v6 - DBA417

@Sik_wagon99 - Have a look if which model your magna falls under if its DBA417.. then you're lucky.. hope this helps..

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
i know its a bit of a thread dig, but can i suggest this be stickied?
very helpful seeing as the DBA catalogue doesnt list our car, and the VR4 Galant(HH Galant VR4) listing gives ann entirely different number, as does the Evo III
i was about to order the wrong rotors tomorrow from a mate until i quadriple checked the DBA site, noticed the PCD of my part number was wrong and decided to do a search on OzVR4

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
DBA 417 is for fronts
DBA 429 is for rears
front bendix ultimates- DB1223
rears not sure yet..i did have a number but lost it..probly on here somewhere

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
I've now got the correct part numbers from the original post, but i though i'd suggest stickying the thread seeing as our car doesnt exist in either the hard copy, or online rotor finder on the DBA website/parts guide

and bugger Bendix for pads... the rears will be okay with GCT's but the fronts getting either EBC greens or QFM AR1Ms

Top Bottom