Decent tyres for FL Stockies

gumstick

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Peter
Drive
'97 Type S Legnum and 180SX
Correct me if I am wrong, but they 205/55 and 225/50 should have the same (close to at least) wall height.

The profile is a ratio of the width.

205/55 = 55% of the tyre width
225/50 = 50% of the tyre width

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Ok, so far the lowest price I've gotten is $198ea for 225/55/R16 Toyo TEO+ and $259ea for the S.Drives... Bloody Gold Coast :p

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
Latest update: How do Potenza RE001 or Pirelli P7's rate. I can get the RE001's for $195ea or the P7's for $189ea. The Toyo's are being near on impossible to find for the price you guys have suggested :(

Maybe I'll have to hunt around Brissy and head back up there to get them done. I was happy with the S.Drives, but at $259ea that's a bit more than I can afford atm.

Also, out of those four, the Toyo's seem to be the only silica-based ones?

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
RE001's are very good all round tyres, they don't have the absolute grip that some other tyres do though, but they don't have any weak points at all.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Off the top of my head ~$170ea is RRP for the Teo's in a 225/50R16. Around that price would be decent. The tyre also has a low "Rolling resistance" so will be slightly better on fuel economy.

P7's and RE001's are both good tyres. IMO, go the cheaper option.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Drive
I'm still partial to them as I've read some decent reviews of them around the net, but I just can't find them for that price on the Gold Coast, it's rather annoying :(

Top Bottom