Is there any decent good looking 16" rims to fit vr4?

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Tried looking for 16" for my car but hardly find one. Since I lowered my car too low, don't think 17" Evo would fit without rubbing or scraping. I was planning to paint white for my stock one but friends told me its not the type of the rims that would look good with white.
Cheers
Tim

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
my 18s rubbed until the inside of the flares wore a bit, no damage to the tyres. 16s are kinda small unless you get some polished dish and stretched tyres

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Yeah. 16 are really small. I just don't want to rub or scrap. One of my mate told me if I chuck in 205/4017 or 215/40/17 it should be fine. But then Evo rims don't come with 205 or 215. Thinking of getting some white 16" rays and throwing in fatter Tyres lol.

uzz320

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Martin
Drive
99 Legnum
I have 235/40/17 on evo rims, and have no issues with rubbing - it doesn't seem that being a bit lower would make it rub either. It is close though...

How low is your car?

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Have you got a proper photo of the car lowered ? cause personally I think 17 or 18 might fit but depends what offset you get the wheels, Ive seen a galant very very low with 18's and the guy said never scrapped .

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
I lowered the front 4inch and rear 3inch. Yeah I got proper photo of car lowered. Will try to upload it.
Thank you for all the help guys, really appreciate it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 139

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Overall diameter shouldn't be much different with 17 or 18 inch wheels and tyres compared to the stock ones. Usea tyre calculator to compare. The bigger rim, the lower profile required otherwise you'll end up with a monster truck.

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Thank you Dice. Hopefully I can throw in 225 45 17 on it. Def don't want monster truck look lol.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
with out sounding too rude...do you understand how tyre and wheel sizings work? new 16's wont do much, evo 17s with nearly any tyre will fit. have you rolled your guards?

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
the aspect ratio (height of a tyre, based on the width of the tyre) on a 16" would be something like 60, which is 60% of the width, is a tall tyre. lots of sidewall flex and would negate any lowering you've done in the way of handling (unless it was only done for looks, in which case.. 16s will look really silly)

plus the overall 'height' (diametre) would be the same as a 17" @ aspect 45 on a 225 tyre from memory

like paul said, evos with any tyre will fit

tiiimmyz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Tim
Drive
1996 Galant VR-4
Na, I haven't roll the guard yet. Haven't got time for it yet. But will def do it once I have free time. Thanks guys for useful info. Really appreciate it.
Cheers

Top Bottom