DIY Question : how to install a oil pressure & oil temp & rpm & A/F rate gauge in vr4 by myself

G

Unregistered
i want to install some gauge into my car .
is there someone know how to do it and show some picture?

i think i can connect to ecu when install the a/f and rpm gauge to do it with some information

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
there is no point installing an AFR gauge unless you have a wideband sensor.

As for oil temp and pressure, you really need to get a sandwhich plate to go between the block and the oil filter where you can run both sensors.

RPM - you can pick up the feed from the ecu, but why bother, big rpm gauges just look retarded

G

Unregistered
thx bradc to reply me again!!!

the reason i want to install a rpm gauge ( not a big rpm gauge but a small auto meter rpm gauge ) : i want to know the rpm value when a climb up the hill. it s very tired to move my eyes from dash to the froint again and again , so i want to install one in front of me by myself. ( not the boy raced style )

from the auto-meter website i know A/F rate gauge can connect to a o2 sensor . but i dont know where is the wire ... is that right?

"As for oil temp and pressure, you really need to get a sandwhich plate to go between the block and the oil filter where you can run both sensors.
"

can you show me the pic if theres possible ? because i dont know where is it.. i am a newbie...

thx a lot.

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
The oil filter is conveniently located under the car right at the front where the tow-hook cover is.

Actually, Carsten (Gly) has photos of where it's mounted in this thread here about changing your oil and the sandwich plate can clearly be seen.

8.JPG

*Borrowing photo here :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Gavin stole the photo where I was going to steal it from :)

As for O2 sensors, do some searches around the place for wideband and LM-1. They are expensive devices and you need to spend the money in order to get something decent.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Well he did reference it accurately, so I'd say it was used correctly... Stolen suggests he was trying to pass it off as his own, which he wasn't.

And yes I know you were just kidding Brad - just wanted to point out that sort of image use is not only legitimate, but very much encouraged!

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
And here's a tip.

Leather rigging gloves.

It'll be hot (if you do it properly) oil coming out and it comes out in a jet so positioning the pan to catch the oil slightly towards the rear helps. Half a litre of oil will come out when you undo the oil filter (most will be in the filter though) so make sure the tray is underneath this as well.

I used two pans to catch oil both from the sump and the oil filter ends :)

On a side note, it's interesting to know the site almost backwards since you can cross-reference photos easily :D

Top Bottom