DIY Question : how to replace the spark plus ( need some picture )

G

Unregistered
i want to change 6 sparks on my legnum vr4

i can see the front 3 , how can i replace the rear 3?

can i do it myself?

thx !

G

Unregistered
You have to undo the inlet manifold to get at the other 3. Some people remove it completly and some manage to do it by just moving it to the side a bit. There is a full write up in the ClubVR4 website in the members section. Well worth the joining fee as it saves a fortune in garage bills.

G

Unregistered
yep but i dont know how to join , i am in nz , can i join cvr4?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I also strongly advocate ClubVR4 membership, however replacing the rear spark plugs is pretty straight-forward - just start undoing things until you can get to them!

A quick how-to:

• Remove plastic engine cover
  • Undo screws holding throttle cable bracket
  • Remove turbo --> intercooler piping
  • Seal turbo outlet holes with plastic and a rubber band (or a clean rag)
  • Disconnect various sensor (wire) connections
  • Remove intake to throttle body pipe
  • Remove inlet manifold bolts
  • Lift inlet manifold up and to the right (LHS of the car). Because you haven't disconnected every hose and connection, the manifold will not come out, but you don't need it to - just tip it on its side and hold it there with a bar or assistant
  • Remove plug leads and replace spark plugs one at a time (both so you don't confuse them and so you don't accidentally drop anything down an open hole whilst you're working on another)
  • Once plug change complete, re-assemble in reverse order... and make sure to take the plastic or rags out of the turbo outlets!!!!

G

Unregistered
I also strongly advocate ClubVR4 membership, however replacing the rear spark plugs is pretty straight-forward - just start undoing things until you can get to them!

A quick how-to:
  • Remove plastic engine cover
  • Undo screws holding throttle cable bracket
  • Remove turbo --> intercooler piping
  • Seal turbo outlet holes with plastic and a rubber band (or a clean rag)
  • Disconnect various sensor (wire) connections
  • Remove intake to throttle body pipe
  • Remove inlet manifold bolts
  • Lift inlet manifold up and to the right (LHS of the car). Because you haven't disconnected every hose and connection, the manifold will not come out, but you don't need it to - just tip it on its side and hold it there with a bar or assistant
  • Remove plug leads and replace spark plugs one at a time (both so you don't confuse them and so you don't accidentally drop anything down an open hole whilst you're working on another)
  • Once plug change complete, re-assemble in reverse order... and make sure to take the plastic or rags out of the turbo outlets!!!!

thx SiliconAngel for the very important information!!!

i will try , but i not sure the each part of them , still do some reach and find some pic to do that...

G

Unregistered
careful when lifting it to the side, if your coolant hoses are a bit brittle; they'll split...

Top Bottom