Door mirror heater element ??

G

Unregistered
Hi,

My drivers side door mirror demister does not demist - the passenger side is fine. Any ideas on how to fault find & fix ??

Cheers.

Paddy

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
could be a broken wire or somebody has fitted a different mirror without a heater element

G

Unregistered
check the plug on the mirror its self, if it is a heated one then every pin hole will have a wire in it, if not then its an un-heated mirror that someone has fitted, i can't remember the wire colours of hand so you can test the voltage but i know its the pair on the out side of one end of the plug

anthony

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
tony
Drive
Rare Manual Legnum VR-4
so paul is a non heated mirror car still wired for heated mirrors on the loom, as i aint got heated mirrors but if i got some would they work?
sorry for highjack

G

Unregistered
so paul is a non heated mirror car still wired for heated mirrors on the loom, as i aint got heated mirrors but if i got some would they work?
sorry for highjack

the car is but the mirrors arn't, all you need is the mirror assembly and the door looms to get them to work

Robotnik123

Crunching Gears
First Name
Jan
Drive
1999 Legnum VR-4 Type S
If I have the winter spec windscreen wiper heater element will I also have heated mirrors? If my car has heated mirrors they don't work all that well.

G

Unregistered
I believe that the heated mirrors come on with the rear window element, not the front window element.

Top Bottom