UMSTunah

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Tony
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
03 Lancer EVO
So I found a plastic box ecu for my 97 auto, bought it and the matching trans ecu just in case. Anything I've missed about swapping these in? got an MR4704718 trans controller and an MD362895 ecu in hopes of being able to tune my car! My car has owc on the trans if it matters.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
I would leave the original trans computer. There are slight variations in the mitsu 5speed boxes, and have seen different roms/ecus not behave properly unless paired with their original rom/computer. (More so saw this in my days if playing with Magnas, which is the same trans but fwd only)

What was the part number of the metal case ecu?

Best plug in and/or flash the correct rom on your new ecu and check everything is functioning correctly.

Last edited:

UMSTunah

Idling at the Lights
Premium Member
First Name
Tony
Drive
97 Legnum vr4
03 Lancer EVO
I would leave the original trans computer. There are slight variations in the mitsu 5speed boxes, and have seen different roms/ecus not behave properly unless paired with their original rom/computer. (More so saw this in my days if playing with Magnas, which is the same trans but fwd only)

What was the part number of the metal case ecu?

Best plug in and/or flash the correct rom on your new ecu and check everything is functioning correctly.
OEM ECU is an MD340289 TCU is MR367177. I was trying to avoid a mismatch between the ecu and tcu causing issues. I thought I saw someone struggling with that.

Top Bottom