Electrical problem, dash, windows, traction control

G

Unregistered
I was driving my vr4 (after just installing a new gearbox) and the dash just went out after about 15mins driving, no Speedo, rev counter, temp, fuel, electric windows, traction control. I’ve checked all the fuses next to the battery and all the fuses next to the accelerator peddle all OK
Any idea on what the cause may be?? Any help would be appreciated!

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Have you checked the plugs to the ECU? My guess is someone didn't plug something critical back into the harness somewhere...

G

Unregistered
Ive had a look and everything is plugged in.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hi Carl. Not sure if it helps but today my car started doing some flipped out shite, first my wife rang me whilst she was driving it to say that the CD player was turning on and off and the dash lights, ie traction abs etc, were on Then she called and this is the scary thing she said that the car would not turn off even after she took the key out of the ignition!! I went and picked the car up from her and took it to an auto sparky and he pulled out a fuse that shut it down. I took it home and it done it again so i took the fuse out again to stop it but then i couldn't even start the car, so i checked the battery only to find that one of the terminals was barely hanging on. Tightened it up and the car has been fine since, turning on and off etc. So i am not sure some of my symptoms are the same as yours but it might be worth checking the battery?? If that hasn't been eliminated already of course.

G

Unregistered
Thanks for that....will have a look but I think I already did.

Top Bottom