Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 {1997}
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
Hey Guys,

I’m a completely new owner to a ’96 Legnum VR4 (PFL) and I bumped into an issue on my drive today.

I was doing a little spirited driving down a straight with my foot pretty much to the floor, everything was absolutely fine until I hit about 110 where the car felt like it slipped or jumped. It was speeding up but a sudden jolt where it slowed down and then kept going. I have no clue at all what this could be. I just had my transmission fluid changed so I’m not sure if it is actually the transmission slipping. I wasn’t watching the tachometer but the revs didn’t go up or anything they kinda stayed the same.

My motor mounts are a little worn on the transmission side which causes vibrations in the cabin sometimes, which I thought might have an effect but it doesn’t explain the loss of power for the split second. I’m praying it isn’t something to do with the turbos themselves cos I’m too broke for that right now :/

help me pls!!

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
When you got the fluid changed, do you know what was put in?

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
When you got the fluid changed, do you know what was put in?
It was Motul Full Syntehic Multi vehicle ATF I think but I’ll double check

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
It was Motul Full Syntehic Multi vehicle ATF I think but I’ll double check
The service was done at Tokyo motorsports just cause I know they’ve worked on galants and legnums before

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
Sounds like a fuel cut does it have some form of aftermarket boost controller installed
Not a boost controller but it’s got an aftermarket turbo timer installed but idk if that would have any effect. It’s a blitz one that’s been on the car since it was imported in 2000 from what the guy told me.

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 COTY
2022 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
1999 Honda Civic EX
Hey Guys,

I’m a completely new owner to a ’96 Legnum VR4 (PFL) and I bumped into an issue on my drive today.

I was doing a little spirited driving down a straight with my foot pretty much to the floor, everything was absolutely fine until I hit about 110 where the car felt like it slipped or jumped. It was speeding up but a sudden jolt where it slowed down and then kept going. I have no clue at all what this could be. I just had my transmission fluid changed so I’m not sure if it is actually the transmission slipping. I wasn’t watching the tachometer but the revs didn’t go up or anything they kinda stayed the same.

My motor mounts are a little worn on the transmission side which causes vibrations in the cabin sometimes, which I thought might have an effect but it doesn’t explain the loss of power for the split second. I’m praying it isn’t something to do with the turbos themselves cos I’m too broke for that right now :/

help me pls!!
110mph or 110kmh? If 110mph then you hit the speed limit on our cars.

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1999 Honda Civic EX
110 kmh my bad
It could be a number of things. Did the hiccup happen during a shift change or just cruising? What rpm where you at when it happened? Was the car warmed up for at least 15min before getting on it?

I would check these as well.
Spark Plugs
Spark Plugs wires
Fuel Injectors
Fuel Pump

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
I have a slight feeling it might be fuel pump cos my fuel gauge was pretty low but yk how they are on our cars So didn’t think much of it, can we chuck the Bosch in tank electric fuel pumps in our cars? Asking bcos I work at super cheap so I can get a higher output one for cheap

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1999 Honda Civic EX
I have a slight feeling it might be fuel pump cos my fuel gauge was pretty low but yk how they are on our cars So didn’t think much of it, can we chuck the Bosch in tank electric fuel pumps in our cars? Asking bcos I work at super cheap so I can get a higher output one for cheap
I replaced mine with a DEATSCHWERKS DW200 255lph. Also check the fuel filter, I replaced mine with a Bosch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHG3M24?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
How was the install? If you did do it yourself that is.

I’m pretty sure I can order one from work so might just have to thanks a lot!

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1999 Honda Civic EX
How was the install? If you did do it yourself that is.

I’m pretty sure I can order one from work so might just have to thanks a lot!
Very easy to do. There's full instructions on this site. You'll need to replace the o-ring with a slightly bigger one. Otherwise you'll have a two second delay on starting the car. Also, do the fuel pump change when your gas light comes on? Makes it a lot easier and very little mess. Do the fuel filter as well. They're right next to each other

Rayyan_de1

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Rayyan
Drive
Honda Civic Gli {1996}
Might have to get stuck into it this week then appreciate it lots

PS. What size O-ring we talking?

Legnum in America

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Mike
Drive
1999 Honda Civic EX
Might have to get stuck into it this week then appreciate it lots

PS. What size O-ring we talking?

I ended up using Toyota part#23239-21010

Many have complained of the Walbro being to loud, I have no issues with my DEATSCHWERKS and is very quiet.

Top Bottom