EOI Towbars from NZ (Towright) possible group buy

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
I want a towbar for the Legnum and it seems the cheapest option is to import one or more from NZ from towright

if I bring a few over I can get the cost under 500 each, pls let me know if your interested (to bring one over is $617)

im trying to get some pics.. they are NOT with a removable tongue (not avail) they have the flat 7 pin, not round.

I asked for a pic of one but haven't had a reply yet. they are a bit unresponsive to my emails..

assume they wont meet Australian standards, but it is an engineered towbar

I rang hall towbars and they now want $990 for one because now there are new rules to build and comply them. its too much

Il just keep this to SA members I dont think it would be worth reposting any interstate.

GLen20

Barring Up
Premium Member
First Name
Glenn
Drive
2002 Type S Galant, Ducati Streetfighter 848, 1971 2 Door LC Torana (in pieces)
Yes that's the story I got from Halls as well. "New regulations" "Custom towbar" "Needs a full day of testing" yadadadadadada.
Rang Allins Towbars on Richmond road. Sweet talked em a bit with some good attitude (in a bit a strife, you're my last resort, those blokes over at Halls...) and they did a 750kg bar for my Galant for $650.
Flat removable tongue, plug loose in the boot style.
Maybe worth a go?

Read the last of this post
http://www.ozvr4.com/threads/towbar-group-buy.9671/page-3#post-304467

eddyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Eddy
Drive
2001 Legnum Type S, 2007 Kawasaki ZX14
Ah yeah i saw your post Glenn .. Allins is my fall back option.. Thanks for that.. :)

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
Yep, that's basically what you'll get from any shop these days, but a lot of them aren't doing customs now due to these new regulations, whatever they are.

DRTE30

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Jimmy
Drive
'00 FL Legnum
eddyvr4, you dont happen to have the drawings/measurements you're willing to sell for a fellow SA member by any chance do ya? ;)

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
1997 MK Triton GLS [6G74 conversion]
2019 i30 N-Line
Would you be looking into getting a compliance plate for it? Surely, would meet the minimum requirements of AS4177.1.

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
$35 later... i got myself a HJ galant towbar from Upullit. Mounting holes in our chassis rails are the same.

towbar.jpg

BCX

Administrator
First Name
Bill
Drive
2000 Galant Type-V
2019 i30 N-Line
i didnt think there was any difference in the chassis rails between a galant & legnum. so more than likely.

Top Bottom