EPIC Cruise Day - Sunday 26th June 2011

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Well its that time again where us NSWer’s take the covers off our cars, give them a wash and head off for a cruise! This time, we’ve tee’d up a joint cruise with my old home (Fordlaser.com) in addition to us, OzVR4.
The Route will take us from Berowra to Wisemans Ferry where we’ll have a good pub lunch then up to St Albans where we’ll part ways and call it a day. There will be numerous meet points for this cruise.
==============================================================
DATE: Sunday 26th June 2011
SYDNEY MEETING POINT: Carpark behind Thornleigh McDonalds, Pennant Hills Entrance via Central Ave, Pennant Hills
unledrm.jpg

MEETING TIME: Meet up at the carpark between 8-8:30am We need to leave at 9am sharp so that we can meet the guys coming from Newcastle & Central coast and get to the pub in Wisemans ferry at a decent time for lunch.
CENTRAL COAST MEETING POINT: Both the Newcastle and Sydney guys will be heading to Deerubbun Reserve- Peats Ferry Road, off the F3 at the truckstop. There is a carpark by the waterfront here that we’ll meet you guys.
unled2ke.jpg

MEETING TIME: The Sydney guys should arrive there by 9:30am so it would be advisable to get there around 9am so you don’t get left behind. We’ll be departing here and starting the cruise as one big group at approximately 10- 10:15am .
NEWCASTLE MEETING POINT: You guys will be cruising this route to meet us in Berowra suggested by Brad(King_Panther): http://tinyurl.com/3slwsvv you’ll need to meet here: the little carpark highlighted in red. Wallsend Park. Access via Lewis Street
unled3ie.jpg

MEETING TIME: 7:30 -7:45am for a 8am sharp departure so we can meet the Sydney and Central Coast fellas on time
=============================================================
WHAT TO BRING: full tank of fuel, cameras/video cameras/ Go- Pros Money for the pub lunch mates with cars CB Radios if you have them, they always come in handy!
Bring a copy of the map route too incase you get lost! Also, a spare change of underwear too just in case lol.
ROUTE:
unledmt.jpg

(this is the route for the Sydney guys) As you can see, we’ll depart McDonalds and head up the F3, where we’ll stop at Peats Ferry Rd carpark (Deerubbun Reserve) and meet up with the guys from Newcastle and the Central Coast. from here, we’ll head back via the Old Pacific Highway, through Galston Gorge, then along Cattai Ridge road, then up to Wisemans Ferry for lunch via Old Northern road. after lunch we’ll probably head down to the cricket pitch at Wisemans and take some photos, then jump on the ferry and head up St Albans road to St Albans where we can stop at yet another pub and have a drink and say goodbye. Sydney guys, we’ll head home via the legendary Putty Road back to Windsor where we’ll part ways.

Newcastle guys- Brad from OZVR4 (me) has suggested you head home via this:
Untitled.jpg

Central Coast- you guys will have a choice between both ways. There is also this suggested route to take;
Untitled-1.jpg

We can decide on a show of hands on the day which route is preferred & the Central Coast & Newcastle boys can head back together (with the CC guys taking the Ourimbah exit off the F3).

We should arrive at Wisemans ferry by 12pm or thereabouts for some lunch. We can choose between the Wisemans Ferry Inn, the bowling club, or there is a takeaway cafe as well. Bear in mind this will be a Sunday so wait times could be in order. Worry not as it will give us more gasbagging time!
THE RULES:
NO HOONS! (Hooning will not be tolerated- no burnouts, aggressive driving, stupid behaviour, excessive speeding will not be tolerated at all, we can and will photograph/record any hooning and report it to the Police. remember, were representing car enthusiasts as a whole, as well as our respective clubs, so let's not show everyone that we're from ns.com or Boostcruising. There is a difference between Hooning and ‘spirited driving’.
Members of other forums are welcome and we also warmly welcome Bikes and other car clubs to attend this cruise as well as it is not restricted to just www.fordlaser.com or Ozvr4 members. Please also remember that the roads we are travelling on are Public roads. Fordlaser.com or OzVR4 do not condone hooning in any way.
Cheers, Cameron (dwarfmarine) & Brad (king_panther).

Attendance List;

Sydney:
1. Cameron (dwarfmarine)
2. Andrew (sleepyvr4)
3. Dave (qball)
4. Wayne (Emu)
5. Zach (sn00ze)
6. Ben (wendnarb)
7. Mike (Shamwow)
8. Jason (legnum600)
9. Tom (Tom) -possible?
10. Steve (shtiv)
11. Mick (MOR81U5) -possible?
12. Tate (-T:cool: -possible?

Central Coast:
1. Brad (king_panther)
2. Phillip (casuarina26)
3. Dan (DannerS)
4. Jeff (leggie007)

Newcastle:
1. Aamir (Black_Ice)
2. Andrew (reeve)
3. Dennis (mchieff)
4. Anthony (Fazzle) - possible?

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Iam there put in for a day off looking forward to it.

Mate with an Evo 8 should be coming along as well.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
Cheers Brad, Really looking forward to my first cruise with the OzVR4 crew.. (also note that the date should say Sunday 26th June 2011, not 2010 as an astinaGT fella pointed out to me) I used and old cruise template when i was writing this up and formot to change the year. Looking forward to it Fellas...

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
Nice work Brad. I'm in. Thanks for Organising.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OP edited with correct meet date lol... I didn't notice that when proof-reading!

I just got lumped with an install in Forbes at that time & am now trying to move it otherwise I'm stuck there during this very weekend!!!!! FFS..

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
OP edited with correct meet date lol... I didn't notice that when proof-reading!

I just got lumped with an install in Forbes at that time & am now trying to move it otherwise I'm stuck there during this very weekend!!!!! FFS..

One of the organisers cant not be there!! so do smth about it Brad!!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'm in tooooooo

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I would also like to point out that this is open to anyone who wishes to join in, VR4 or not. We're going to have all sorts coming along to this, so don't be afraid. We'll obviously be representing OZVR4 on the day though of course.
Also, this is a family-friendly event too. So bring your wives/kids/girlfriends/gay partner/best friend/hitchhiker you picked up on the way!

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
brad is right, feel free to invite anyone you like. If you are a member of another car club, invite them.. If you have mates that ride motorcycles, invite them. If your nan has a twin supercharged t-bucket with a 351, invite her.. The more the merrier!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OK I count 8 members in for this so far......

Need more. We want a good turnout to this..

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
true brad i can think of sensible mates with nice cars which will bring the numbers up but would like to see more ozvr4 members XD

mchieff

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dennis
Drive
Legnum
Count me in - think thats an unbooked day (plus kickoff is 1min from my house)

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Really? Cause it's only 3 min from mine we must be close

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive