EPIC Cruise Day - Sunday 26th June 2011

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
im in... ill meet up at the deerubun reserve... thats at 9 eh....
yeah mate, you guys wil need to meet there around 9ish, the guys from Sydney should arrive there about 9:30 and the newcastle guys not long after.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Looking forward to it guys! we're up to 52 cars, before (minus 5 that are maybes) and thats before we even factor in the "Im bringing mates cars too"

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I'm still bloody in the air now with this install I have to do at Forbes. FFS.....

It's looking likely I might come back from Forbes to my parents & run with the Sydney boys, then go back to Forbes.
My life sucks!

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Well i've just heard news that the actual ferry at Wisemans Ferry(we dont HAVE to cross this) is 'Closed until further notice, after that boat capsized, so depending on circumstances on the day of the cruise we'll either part ways after Lunch in Wisemans, or we can go the slightly longer way across the alternate ferry and up the Putty road to St Albans..
anyway still 2 weeks away so it should be okay by then...

Also booked the group in for around lunch time at Wisemans ferry Hotel.. booked for around 60 people, so you better all show up :p

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
We should be good by then. If not then yea we can just use the Webbs Creek Ferry instead. It's not that much longer.

Good idea on the booking lol. I didn't realise we were going to have so many cars coming! It's going to be one tough shitfight to get them all into a photo lol....
"Can all Nissans please move to the back!" haha..

M0R81U5

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mick
Drive
PFL Legnum
Brad, how you gonna get the super on the ferry? You need a 6" lift kit to get onto that thing

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Lol yep I'm in still :) god brad what is it with the brand bashing. Mitsubishi make a few decent cars but Nissan certainly knows how to build cars with the very best of them too. I don't think anyone had built a car after the s15 that is so well balanced and versatile for the price. Mayb u hav the same drama I have with v8 commodore drivers, I don't essentially hate the car itself, but 90% of the tard drivers make me see them and shudder lol

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Mayb u hav the same drama I have with v8 commodore drivers, I don't essentially hate the car itself, but 90% of the tard drivers make me see them and shudder lol

Bingo. For R33 Skyline & Silvia drivers, it would be like 99% of the drivers are total idiot douchebags.. they are far overrated cars anyways, but for their price they get into everyone's hands.
Hell, I see more of these than I do Commonwhores or Failcons....

Besides, this is OZVR4, not "I have to love Nissans.com" lol. That's what ns.com & Boostlosing are for..

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Also, if we're looking at 60 cars, even if both ferries are operating might it be wise to split & rejoin at St Albans?
Getting 60 cars across Wisemans Ferry is going to take forever!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Getting 60 cars anywhere is going to take forever!! I might come for some of it, like the early meet n drive but 60 cars is nuts. You'll be lucky to do 40-60kms/hr for the whole drive

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
Bingo. For R33 Skyline & Silvia drivers, it would be like 99% of the drivers are total idiot douchebags.. they are far overrated cars anyways, but for their price they get into everyone's hands.
Hell, I see more of these than I do Commonwhores or Failcons....

Besides, this is OZVR4, not "I have to love Nissans.com" lol. That's what ns.com & Boostlosing are for..

Haha I agree with some of that but s13 and r33 are very well balanced competitive track and comfy streeters, there's a reason in Japan mOst drifters are some form of Silvia. I wouldn't say they're Overrated, but I'd definitely say our cars are underrated hugely. Im not a massive fan of v8 muscle but I can respect and understand the appeal. You know they say if you don't have anything nIce to say dont say anything at all. I love this forum for it's open minded people, he'll even rexnet can agree and appreciate other makes, head over to ozhonda though and it's all about how anything but a Honda is a piece of junk.. And let's bash it

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
& I can't stand 'drifting', so that furthers my dislike of both these cars & their drivers. Oh, I love other makes, it's just I cannot stand these cars & do not understand their appeal. They're so 'wannabe', including the drivers.

I do also own a Toyota Starlet GT, & I find that actually more fun to drive than the Super, because the VR4 is so clinical in its execution.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Getting 60 cars anywhere is going to take forever!! I might come for some of it, like the early meet n drive but 60 cars is nuts. You'll be lucky to do 40-60kms/hr for the whole drive

Nah come on Dave, you've got be out there representing OZVR4!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
Brad, how you gonna get the super on the ferry? You need a 6" lift kit to get onto that thing

Can someone film me making the attempt? I've never taken the Super over a ferry, & I remember how shitty it was just in my Corolla.

Extreme angles FTW?

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
youd be suprised, as i said to brad, well probably end up split into slow, fast and in between groups.. Ill be the lead and setting the pace (i know the roads rather well) so i can push a bit harder, and i know some of my fordlaser mates are up with my pace. As for the ferry, we can sort something out, i think it fits 15 cars at a time, so thatll be our 3 or 4 groups. To be honest, youll always have no shows anyway so that 60 cars that have said yes, can very easily drop to 20...

sn00ze

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
zach
Drive
N15DET
& I can't stand 'drifting', so that furthers my dislike of both these cars & their drivers. Oh, I love other makes, it's just I cannot stand these cars & do not understand their appeal. They're so 'wannabe', including the drivers.

I do also own a Toyota Starlet GT, & I find that actually more fun to drive than the Super, because the VR4 is so clinical in its execution.

Lollllllll yep I understand. I appreciate the skill and also the way that in drifting it's more of an artform where you can express different styles of driving. But I'm yet to come across a humble and inviting decent drifter.
And I understand the clinical- ness of vr4s , don't get me wrong I love my legnum but it's just not as fun to drive, my old n14 w/gtir conversion and garrett gt2871r, that thing made you laugh like a mad man everytime u hit 16 psi in it. It was much more raw

Top Bottom