makes it look like you couldnt afford to paint your bonnet imo

G

Unregistered
i might be picking up a fibreglass evo style bonnet in a couple off weeks,
see how rich im feeling,

not into the carbon bonnet look,
makes it look like you couldnt afford to paint your bonnet imo

i agree...
black car's look alright with carbon bonnets, but any other car i cant stand with a carbon bonnet. much prefer a nice body coloured bonnet with some vents in it

most CF bonnets are fibreglass with a CF overlay anyway... REAL 100% CF bonnets are about $5k :(

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
Oh I dunno. I've always been a fan of the white body, CF bonnet, black rims with chrome dish look on a GT-R (R34 GT-R VspecII Nurburgring special edition, for example). It gives it the unsponsored "privateer" look but it can only go on certain types of cars.

IMHO, it wouldn't really suit a Legnum and "oh God no" to the Honda Civics. Mitchy, your R33 would have been a good candidate but without the stripe down the side. R.I.P. your car dude... but you have a worthy replacement!

G

Unregistered
i wanted a R34 GTR Z-Tune style bonnet, painted white of course.. would have been 'complete' for me then..... :(

i'd like to have an evo style bonnet on the leggy at some stage too...just something nice and subtle.

(bonnet vents make me feel all funny inside :p)

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Topstage do a vent very similar to that. I have one featuring on my R31. I don't think it will suit the curves of the galant/legnum though. You could also blend it level ofcourse.

dsc030159wb.jpg

dsc030143zp.jpg

hawks

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mark
Drive
Sold my 1998 Legnum VR4 Type S
Joel, light a fire under that thing and I'll bring some snags around :)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
photochop anyone?!

a few weeks ago, i spoke to a guy at AJPerformance and said that they can customize the bonnets.. the typical evo style CF bonnets that they're selling cost $875.00 and the custom ones cost a little extra..

so maybe it's worth a shot getting a custom Z-Tune style bonnet as well as a GROUP BUY?!

I would like to see how the Z-Tune style bonnet would look on my car..

G

Unregistered
lol, i was talking about the Z-Tune bonnet for my skyline... but i dont think it would look to bad on the leggy..

G

Unregistered
we have lots of bolt on or bonnet vents available, just check it out at our site www.topstage.com

me personally like simple single dip vents. or twin gills at the very back to extract alot of heat from turbo etc.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Just make sure the vents aren't too far back, otherwise you will start sucking in air instead of evacuating it!

Fred, Are you interested in making up an evo style bonnet for the legnum, seeing as you now own one?? :p

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Forget the hood, I'll take the girl!

CumBa

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive