EVO Bonnets (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Unregistered
hI aLL

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with the below bonnet from Carmate in Villawood Sydney?

Thanks
Jay

Part Number: MITGAL97EVOBON
RRP: AU$ 604.95
Internet Price: AU$ 507.95​
Pick up and pay in store now available, but first you must order online prior to pickup, otherwise any discount will not apply and parts will be subject to full recommended retail price. Product description:Mitsubishi Galant 1993-1998 Jap Spec "EVO Style" Bonnet

Cooling airvents (where applicable) help to keep your under-bonnet temperature as cool as possible by venting any excess heat thereby improving engine performance. Recommended to be used in conjunction with Bonnet Pins (click on the link below) for tighter fitting and added safety.
"CM Style" Bonnet Pins
continue_shopping.gif
97GAL--CX--FBS_BON.jpg

97GAL--EVO--BON_2.jpg

Vented_Bonnets.jpg

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
I bought an aftermarket front bar for my skyline from them a few years ago and it was about 4 inches too wide and the quality had a lot to be desired.

G

Unregistered
Decepticon said:
Product description:Mitsubishi Galant 1993-1998 Jap Spec "EVO Style" Bonnet

unless your car is a 7g it wont fit, thats the manufacturing period of the US 7g galant, they didnt get the 8g till 1998-2004

Bad-Karma

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Legnum VR4
Yeah, you can obviously imagine I was more then slightly miffed when we went to test fit before painting it.

G

Unregistered
I meant the COST of shipping from NZ? I expect it would be truly massive...
hmmm um from memory(cancer has taken it away),mick bought a complete kit and a facelift rear bumper and bootlid with the reo bar and freight was like 500 i think,airfreight that was,um but customs were arses bout something,so im getting someone that end close to help me bypass this as i feel they took us for a ride so im doing some legal papwerwork and researching so that we may send over to you guys ther without any problems,ofcourse theres always the option of packing a container or renting a small section to get cheap freight

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Nothing in shipping is 'cheap' these days - container costs are more than twice what they were six months ago :banghead:

G

Unregistered
true but its who yo know not what you know ay...its like that saying in that movie,"i knows sum people who knows sum people who rob some people ", lol

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
I still want to have that "bulgier" facelift bonnet on mine. With this, does this have that "bulge" from the facelifts?
I'm quite fussy. Basically looking for a bonnet with the bulge of the facelift's and the vents of an evo. So it can look as OEM as possible.

Like this...

yeah man, if you look at the first link i sent those have the shape of the bulge :)

Looks like they were modelled off the facelift bonnet, then had the evo goodies whacked on there :)

98gal-tscf.jpg

98gal-tscf_3.jpg

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Thanks Tom. I'm going to buy one late next month. Even if shipping is $685.
Then i'm going to get it painted to match the car. Not really into the whole black bonnet cf thing.
It's the best evo bonnet for facelifts i've seen so far.
Hopefully it's a direct fit.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I think i'll keep it CF if I get one :D

Atleast they don't seem to be a limited thing, there's heaps there! .. So I can take my time in saving :p (even though I SUCK at saving LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom