Extra Reverse Lights..

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Nah, honestly you don't need any extra reversing lights bro.

What's the matter with the factory two you've got right now? Are they not bright enough when reversing in dark streets or something?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
they're bright for others to see.. but from the way my car's tinted, it's a little too dark from the inside.. even my reverse camera doesn't help.. so i thought adding 2 proper lights might help..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Is your reversing camera IR? If so, mount a big IR spot in the inside top corner of the tailgate - won't be externally obvious and will look like daylight to the camera :)

G

Unregistered
I had the same problem with my proton nothing much will help the camera if it is inside the rear window. I ended putting a set of crystal clear led's in place of the original reverse bulbs. You should be able to get some 12v led's from dicksmiths or even link up 4 1.5v led's.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
The led's are a good idea. I need to replace the driving lights with leds again to match my HID's. We should check out if they are a similar bulb and get some in bulk to hand out to who ever wants em.

I know I've got the part number here somewhere...

G

Unregistered
The led's are a good idea. I need to replace the driving lights with leds again to match my HID's. We should check out if they are a similar bulb and get some in bulk to hand out to who ever wants em.

I know I've got the part number here somewhere...

Good idea you may even be able to get a good color match and some of the better led's can give up to 1200 lumens ie F$%^ bright.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
I have LED replacement globes in my car, nice and bright and a good colour.

The Replacement Globe thread has all the globe types listed from when I bought mine, stick those codes into eBay and you'll find LED replacements easily enough :)

Top Bottom