Factory Speakers - Any Good?

G

Unregistered
I had actually been driving around for a month just listening to Channel 7 here in Sydney, but I threw in some CDs into the stacker on the weekend and was gob-smacked by just how good the stock system sounds...

Then again, maybe it's just because I've been without a decent stereo for so long.

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Yeah I 2nd that, unless you're really after perfection the stock ones are great...

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
ive found mine rattle quiet allot when turned up even remotely loud, with the standard deck in i was surprised how good they were but as soon as i put in my clarion SD deck they were shocking. need to replace them soon

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
and the alpine type x fit too :)

Ooooooohhhh yay! Mine are going in shortly (just need to finish paying them off + amp + cabling + rears + custom box completion :()..... This means i don't HAVE to do custom work, i'm fairly lazy you know!

The stock one's aren't too bad really for up to over 10 year old cars. By comparison to other local cars of that era they are miles ahead.

BUT, in saying that, i can't wait to replace mine lol......

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
dont forget to dynamat the doors and soundproof the wheel well(if youve got a droney exhaust)

works a charm,just need to find a way to stop the front tyre road noise

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
140dB drowns out road noise...... ;)

But don't worry, dynamat's going in, i'm doing it properly lol

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
OK guys probably a stupid question but I have an Alpine Deck in my new 97 Legnum, which is not the stock HU that came with the car right?Anyway the stock speakers (well I assume, haven't had a look) rattle badly when turned up slightly so I might just go Alpine 6.5 2 ways in front and 3 ways in the back. I've got a 12" Pioneer sub and mono amp sitting in my old Magna so I might just get that hooked up to the Leggy as well. The rattle may just be the surrounds of the speakers so I think I'll go Dynamat on all doors. And then a decent HU...
Man I promised myself I wouldn't spend any money on upgrades to the Leggy, but I notice any small fault and pounce on it :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom