First New Zealand, now Japan :(

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Yet another earthquake. Haven't heard a whole lot about this (yet) but it doesn't seem to be as bad as the one our poor south eastern neighbours suffered. Still, not cool.

Here is a picture from Ebisu.

ebisu_earthquake_damage.jpg

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
no ill think this will be worse / not certain but i think 0ver a million people live in the impact area
is this a supermoon issue [next weeks full moon]
besides cc didn,t get hit by a 10 metre wave as they say
another sad day

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Word is though Japan was very pro-active and was ready for an earthquake (or as ready as you can be I suppose)

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
but it was very close to the coast and 8.8? / 8.9?
big stuff

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Just got confirmation Jesse wasn't affected by the resulting Tsunami :) Hopefully news in the coming days won't be all that bad - at least the quake was significantly off the coast.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
sorry trev but this as usual will only get worse
but the japanese are really good at this /really good
remember they were at cc /nz
not many but clever

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
glad to know our contact is safe.. and hopefully his family members as well.. same goes to the rest of people in Japan..

I know that they're always ready for an earthquake, hence their earthquake proof buildings.. but of course there's limitations..

but seriously... earthquake then tsunami.. what's happening?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
ABC News mentioned that this quake was approximately 160 times more powerful than the one in Christchurch... That's pretty insane. Death toll was at 23 when I heard saw that report, although apparently police in a local precinct are saying a ship with about 100 people on-board was swept away by the tsunami :/ not to mention the fires in oil refineries and even a nuclear plant. Not going to end well, thoughts with the locals!

snitz

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Jason
Drive
Toyota Cressida,GK Scorpion,VP Calais..2000 Legnum type S and a Rota project in the shed.
Soo much shit happening in the world lately..It makes you wonder what the f&$ks going on sometimes..Are they all random events?..It makes you think thats for sure.

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Damn Tom, thats one hell of an earthquake, seems its MUCH worse then I first though.

G

Unregistered
It's in the top 6 most powerful earthquakes to ever be recorded (110yrs of records), and is Japan's worst one ever. Their last massive earthquake in 1995 in kobe, hit 7 something on the richter scale and killed 6000 ppl... this quake was a monsterous 8.9

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
This thing is huge, just read they found 200-300 people dead in Sendai alone, very sad :(

My Nissan Elgrand is sitting over there somewhere, I do hope its ok. It was meant to be due here on 28th march, based on that can anyone tell me if it would be on the boat already or not?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
right now, supposedly there are 1000's of people feared dead..

I just hope that they're wrong...

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
me too.... so sad.... and it's freezing in japan so anyone trapped will be fighting :(

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'll be donating 10% of whatever money I spend this long weekend. It might not be much, but imagine if everyone did it...

wosbwm

Crunching Gears
First Name
Wayne
Drive
legnum VR4 Type S, Challenger LS, Magna Wagon, Mercedes E Class, XE Fairmont Wagon S-Pac, Renault Megane
This saddens me the scale of this natural disaster. If Anyone is curious about updates on this or any further Natural disaster's in future click on this link http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Top Bottom