First New Zealand, now Japan :(

mesobitchi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mazz
Drive
Super RED Legnum
if that goes then we can say, bye bye japan!
lets hope it never gets to that state!

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
The design of the reactors has thus far meant that no radiation has been released at a level harmful to human health. And those levels are slowly residing and should continue to as long as the cores keep cooling.

It was always going to be a concern but was blown way out of proportion

Fully

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Shane
Drive
99 Galant VR4
I was quite amazed that they were willing to pump seawater in straight away, as they did, at the expense of the reactor.

We just had 3 good shakes =)
Wow thats a total of over 5000 since September 4th.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Dont worry NZ, we havent forgotten about you ;)

The reactor was on borrowed time anyway, it was pretty old to start with. I think the whole plant is a write off now, will be interesting to see how the power grid copes

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
bob : to quote Dr helen Caldicott
only one reactor blew at chernobyl and it was only three months old with new cores holding relatively little radiation/
these ones have been operating for forty yrs and would hold about30x more radiation than chernobyls
aus is not going to be affected by fallout because southern and northern air masses dont mix
no level of radiation is safe thats my bit
www.whatreallyhappened.com
have a look

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Had a look, id prefer to weight up facts for myself, not from an opinion piece.

Of course its not going to be affected by fallout - no where will at this rate!!!!! Do you know how much radiation you are exposed to travelling on an international flight? Having a Xray? Standing near a fuse board for a multistory building?

I note Japan just upgraded their rating of the nuclear accident though. Still a couple of ratings before its the same as chenobyll though.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Kind of ironic considering I rented The Day After just on Monday night that all this is occurring.

It is getting a little on my nerves all these residents bitching about the government not getting them out though?

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
what no comments think about this a bit AUS GOVT BANS ALL IMPORTS FROM JAPAN could this happen? want parts wonder what the chef would think

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
well that made sense / i would say the customs guy would wave a magic wand over it and say its ok //and then charge the appropriate fee // as usual / unless its an extra charge for being from a radiated area / more charges?

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
russian customs have quarantined a shipment of japanese 2nd hand cars in vladivostok due to high levels of radiation they will probably send them back they came off a ship that had intensive beta radiation wonder what aus customs would do

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
That's an extra 1.8 microseconds of sleep I could be getting each night... This shit has got to stop!

G

Unregistered
I tried to work out how many seconds that equates to over a whole year, but my calculator here at work doesnt allow for such scientific calculations and brainie no workie today to do it by hand/paper.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Well a full year's worth is 657 microseconds, and a million microseconds in a second, so a million divided by 657 is 1522! Sooo it would take 1522 years to make a second's worth unless my maths is horrible.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
It's global warming Steve! It's caused by our cars belching all that nasty pollution into the air.

All the soot must make Mother Earth sneeze, hence earthquakes...

G

Unregistered
Well we need more people driving around in Toyota Prius' to offset our carbon emissions then don't we.

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
this is beyond stuffed/ reactors one two and three melted down within hours of the quake /reactor 4 is leaning over
the radiation will never stop and their roadmap to cleaning up the fuel rods in the bottom of the reactors will probably start in 10yrs
once they develop the technology to do it
check out www.news.lucaswhitefieldhixon.com
or www.rense.com / Not much in the mainstream media eh

hooter

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
neale fraser
Drive
miester blue legnum
the pacific ocean will be dead by 2020 www rense is still putin out info data and reports through enews- read this stuff

Top Bottom