Folding Mirrors

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Hi all, can the mirrors no the Legnums be set to fold in when the engine is turned of (as per Nissan) or can it only be done by manually pressing the switch.

Gary

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
It could be done easily by anyone with a bit of electical know-how.
But I'm sure you'd quickly find that you use these mirrors to exit the car when parked on the side of the road.. Not a good idea.

A better idea would be to wire them up to the central locking.

junior

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Gary
Drive
2000 Type S Legnum
Thanks for the reply's, I had a series 2 R33 skyline and when you locked the car, the mirrors folded in I wasnt sure if these were meant to also.

Gary

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
You mean people with no necks?:ROFLMAO: If you can't turn your head, you can't drive a car ;)

My wife got her P's & she can't turn her head well when driving. She had extra special side mirrors also with large blind spot mirrors to help with navigating. She also had a thing which went over her head rest which enabled her to use her head to depress a left or right panel which would turn on the required indicators.
She had restrictions on her licence, but she could still drive on her own.

For someone who was in a coma for 4.5 months after being hit by a car, I think that was a fantastic achievement !

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Just get a swivel office chair put in.:ROFLMAO:

That's amazing Brad. Sorry to hear about your wife; how long since the accident?

She was hit by a car while she was crossing the road with her bike. She was only 11 at the time.
But yea. 4.5 months in a coma. She had to learn everything all over again. She suffered brain damage & damage to her bones. She was a champion swimmer before the accident. She got back into swimming & won a bronze medal at the Sydney Paralympics !

Plus, she can tell the difference between a Series 1 & Series 2 VR4 !!!

Here's a vid from Youtube if anyone is interested in watching. This was only 2 years after her accident. Her speech is better nowadays, as a few of the OZVR4 guys who've seen her can vouch for ;

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
My wife got her P's & she can't turn her head well when driving. She had extra special side mirrors also with large blind spot mirrors to help with navigating. She also had a thing which went over her head rest which enabled her to use her head to depress a left or right panel which would turn on the required indicators.
She had restrictions on her licence, but she could still drive on her own.

For someone who was in a coma for 4.5 months after being hit by a car, I think that was a fantastic achievement !

That's an amazing achievement!!!!! :bigsmile:

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
I hope its not one of those fake ones....

Like that stupid video of the so called "remote control car app"

Ozyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Scott
Drive
2000 Legnum
I have done it with a viper alarm and have them set up on lock and unlock. I use 2 programmable outputs to drive relays to switch polarity on the mirror motor drive wires. You need to use programmable outputs so you can set them up for a selected time frame. I have mine set up for 7 seconds so they open and close completely but not have power on the wires so there will be no chance of burning the motors out.

Top Bottom