To fix or to mod! Mirrors. Standard vs Ganador..

Which mirrors?

• Standard OEM replacement

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ganador Carbon Fibre

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Frodo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Frodo
Drive
1998(pfl) Legnum VR4 Type S
Hey all. Just trying to gauge anyones opinion for the next few days.

A contractor reversed into my car yesterday, :cry:, but thankfully only broke the drivers mirror and the rain guard. Which i love and will replace asap.
It's $317.83, + del, for a new replacement or $605, inc del, for Carbon Fibre Ganador's. I'm thinking about showing him the quote for $320 and putting the rest of the money in myself for the ganadors.
Here's where you come in. Its hard to gauge how the Carbon Fibre would look on a trigger mauve car. I've had a search but its still hard to imagine. I won't be putting a cf evo bonnet on so they might stick out like dogs-balls.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

MackTheKnife

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul Mc
Drive
'90 MX5 and '01 LR Freelander V6 Softback
A lot of cars come with mirrors a different colour to the paintwork, CF Ganadors will look the bollox on a trigger car.

Keep in mind though that I have a trigger car and have just been looking at a CF Monster Bonnet for it, so am in a 'CF + Trigger Mauve = Win' kinda mood.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Plenty of cars have black side mirrors... I don't think they'll stand out too much.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
I say go for it..I have atrigger as well and would jump at such an opportunity to chnage to CF gandors..

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
I think it would look good! And yup some on yahoo now would prob be about 600 delivered. If you don't care about genuine I'm pretty sure that you can get them cheaper from where ever the cheaper cf bonnets are from (is it hk??)

AKKO

2 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Chris
Drive
1998 Galant VR4 Type-V (Facelift)
PM me I have a pair of trigger mauve mirrors I'm willing to part with...

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
show him the quote for $320 and pick up a cheap 2nd hand mirror for like 100 bucks. put the rest in your pocket.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'm gonna go with it will look out of place if it's the only carbon part on your car. Maybe if you wrap the pillars in the carbon fibre wrap like (I think it was) Paul did.

G

Unregistered
^^ There's a few of us now who have done that. Subtle yet life altering awesomeness.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hi5 steve! carbon pillars are cool..well cooler then faded grey, but im not sure if they'd match with the glossy CF of the ganadors

maybe as well get the CF ones, if you like it you can always paint it

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
any pics of these carbon pillars? Mine are a bit faded now...

And yeah buy the carbon mirrors! I think they look awesome and as has been mentioned, you can paint them if the colour doesn't suit and still have really nice looking mirrors.

G

Unregistered
any pics of these carbon pillars? Mine are a bit faded now...

And yeah buy the carbon mirrors! I think they look awesome and as has been mentioned, you can paint them if the colour doesn't suit and still have really nice looking mirrors.
Yup, here's mine.

This is the stuff. I also have a heap of it left over as well, which I'll be using some of it for my centre console, when I get off my arse and bother doing it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-Di-No...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e656a9366

edit - wtf, why aren't uploaded attachments being displayed??

pic now linked:

IMAG0475.jpg

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Looks sweet! Did you do the top of the doors or just the vertical pillars?

Frodo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Frodo
Drive
Ganador's are on their way! New mirror was 2/3 the price from japan, that was only one side, eek. Had trouble tracking down used ones. I wonder how many horsepowers they will add!!!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Ganador's are on their way! New mirror was 2/3 the price from japan, that was only one side, eek. Had trouble tracking down used ones. I wonder how many horsepowers they will add!!!

Did you end up getting carbon ones or body coloured ones?

Frodo

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Frodo
Drive
Ganador official website says the body coloured ones, or plain colours, are discontinued. So i got Carbon Fibre Supers from a site called RHDJapan.com. Currently on sale for $540ish. Postage was between $60-110 depending how quick you want it. So $600 landed.

I was looking on Yahoo Japan but i need to do a bit more research on how to buy from there. I'll test buy some smaller things before diving right in.

Will post up pics when finished. Also replacing the front speakers while i'm working around them.

Top Bottom