Front Lower Control Arms

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Hey Guys,

Well i just installed a pair of new front lower control arms to fix a smashed ball joint.

I sourced them from the US for Eclipse/Galant and they fitted perfectly and were very good quality! I didnt get a chance to take a photo as I was keen to get them on the car.

The drive is now comparable to my old 07 outlander, heaps stiffer and much more directional no more of that floating feeling. This would be a cheap upgrade that has a huge positive impact on the handling of the car.

They equated to be about $120 usd delivered and took about a week for me to receive in queensland.

If anyone would like some more details let me know.

Cheers,
Brent

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Pics of Factory/Original LCA's (OEM)

Attachments

• factory.JPG
    factory.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 61
  • factory1.JPG
    factory1.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 60
  • factory2.JPG
    factory2.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 55

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
These are pics of the replacement LCA's that i got from the US for Galant/Eclipse.

Thought you guys may be interested in a comparison, both arms are practically the same, but the ball joint sell and ball joint is over highe quality than the oem.

Cheers,
Brent

Attachments

• replacement.JPG
    replacement.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 64
  • replacement2.JPG
    replacement2.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 56
  • replacement3.JPG
    replacement3.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 64
  • replacement4.JPG
    replacement4.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 57
G

Unregistered
Great Information - If you don't mind I'll share this with CVR4 - As you're no doubt aware, these arms often need changing, what with the recalls and some dubious pattern parts (though this is mainly a UK problem).

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
as in the bushings that are already in the lca's? if thas what your referring to, yes they fit fine, matching sizes.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
nah the bushes ares are ok that come in the lcas, but if you wanted poly utherane ones, i guees you could replace them.

I am assuming that the bushing kit for eclipse would be the same as the legnum/galant going off this experience.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
the curve control arms.. are they for the fronts or rear? if rear.. i think i saw a couple under my rear wheel well..

G

Unregistered
you didnt happen to take any side by side photos or measurements did you??

have you had the wheel alignment checked since fitting??
be keen to see if they put any ajustments out of the norm range.

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
Gly,

as for the arms, i didnt take a side by side shot, but i did compare them and there is no visible difference at all, in regards to the wheel allignment, i have not had one done and do not feel any difference in the drive of the car, it is as it was with the old joints except obviously feeling much tighter and stiffer.

The seller i used was:
http://stores.ebay.com/ACCARS2006

Im not sure if they have any others in stock but im sure they can get them, they were quick to respond and very quick in postage.

I would guees that most parts from the galant would fit suspension wise, but im not taking the responsibily for others purchasing parts, ill help with any questions i can.

Cheers,
brent

G

Unregistered
The front suspenson arms have the same part numbers as the VR4 but the rears are differnt but the bushes may fit.I have the front set but have not fitted them yet either.

Top Bottom