Front Suspension

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
I'll be the first to admit I don't know that much about suspension.

I previously had replaced my lower left control arm (curved one), sway bar links and tie rod ends through ebay parts. I'm not convinced with ebay parts and am having some front end trouble and went to Peddars for their safety check. The attached file has the parts that I need to replace.

He mentioned I needed to replace the left control arm with the 2 ball joints?

Could someone point me in the right direction for part numbers and where I should get the genuine parts from. I dont want to go down the ebay path again with suspension. I have a pre-facelift Legnum. From memory there wasn't any difference between parts between both models? Or am I misinformed?

Cheers all and thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Attachments

• susp components.JPG
    susp components.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 114

Mac Dog

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Macca
Drive
Red 1997 Legnum
Also if someone has that diagram of the front end suspension with the components and their part numbers that would be an awesome learning tool for me! Cheers!

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Pedders... what happened to u China, u used to be cool!

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
Hey Macca, any update on how you went with your suspension? Was it your eBay control arm balljoint that failed? If so, which seller was it, so we can stay clear?

I'm just about to do mine as well...

G

Unregistered
Me too Macca. Need to source LH side. This is the arm with the hook end and non replace able tie/rod slash ball joint?

Top Bottom