Front suspension, and big rims

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
Is there a way to fit bigger wheels on VR?
i have 18 and 40 tyre, but i want more tyre, to fill the gap.
the car looks like ford KA or lancia kappa. tiny wheels, massive body (not the KA obviously).
lowering the car only make the center of the wheel higher, so both, rim, and arch circles centers wont line up.
so can someone make custom suspension element for me? :) (i don't know the name of the part in english, but we know what this is about).

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
Personally i think you would be better off getting wheels with a crazier offset.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Is there a way to fit bigger wheels on VR?
i have 18 and 40 tyre, but i want more tyre, to fill the gap.
the car looks like ford KA or lancia kappa. tiny wheels, massive body (not the KA obviously).
lowering the car only make the center of the wheel higher, so both, rim, and arch circles centers wont line up.
so can someone make custom suspension element for me? :) (i don't know the name of the part in english, but we know what this is about).

Sounds like you need to visit your nearest 4WD parts supplier...

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
pics of car so we know what we're dealing with

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
i dont have pics on 18 roms :( just stock ones japan-container.
stock vr4 typeS 2000

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Guessing the offset is fail. Get the offset right and you can get away with 17s no problems.

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
but i want 18 with higher rubber (for comfort).
i know thar 19'' + 35 rubber is max because of the construction of the suspension.
my question is, how to mod it to fit 18'' + 45/50 rubber

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Suck it up, I've got no problems with ride quality on 19s and 245/35R19s :D you just need different rims.

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
but i want 18 with higher rubber (for comfort).
i know thar 19'' + 35 rubber is max because of the construction of the suspension.
my question is, how to mod it to fit 18'' + 45/50 rubber

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Mmm, the roads around here are pretty rough in parts. You're better off getting lighter rims and better shocks.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
33" muddies and a landrover chassis might be your answer

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
eh.. i would get even 19, but the main issue is, you can still put your fist betwean rubber and arch, and i don't like that look. big arch, for say... 20'' but sorry, you can only put 19 ;/

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Lower it and it'll look awesome on 17s or 18s, and spectacular on 19s, but only if the rim style is hawt and the offset is right. You'll need to post a pic from multiple angles for us to judge.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
i dont think u are understanding the suspension geometry/construction or how offsets/profile affect ur wheels.

easy fix. go a 215/45/18 tyre.

if u want a wider tyre, it will really depend on the rims on the car and if they are wide enough.

however i could be totally mis-understanding u and all u need is some spaces to fill out the guards?

either way the suspension is not to blame, anything can fit, i mean look in the rims thread.

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
i don't want wider tyre, i want the wheel to be as big as the arch. (O) not ( O ) get it? :)
max size is 17/45 18/40 and 19/35. but you can't go 19/45 because of the knob under the arch.
7 inch wide is OK, offset is OK, radius is not ok :)

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
When you refer to a knob under the arch, do you mean the upper ball joint, at the top of the knuckle/hub carrier? If you're wanting to fit larger wheels than will clear the knuckle, you're not going to have much luck, short of modifying the suspension itself.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I am running 215/50/17 on my ST-R with no rubbing problems or anything at all. 215/45/18 is virtually the same rolling radius as that and I do know someone in Auckland who is running 225/45/18 on his car. He used to get some rubbing on the rears when corning but he rolled the guards and is now ok.

nabassu

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Maciek
Drive
VR-4 TypeS
smohekey, yup, i mean that knob. pitty its faceing down, not up.
my 7 inch wide wheels don't rub arches when turning, for that matter. 225/40/18 if i recall.
i'm thinking 17'' evo enkei (6 arms) for now, because my 18 are copys of speedlines (some inovite's), and they soft as butter. over 100km/h, and my pasangers seat is wobleing like hell :/

Top Bottom