G'day

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
Hey all, thought i'd intro myself. I'm Jarryd, 22, Sydney. After a long wait of saving $ and looking for the right VR4... i recently bought my new baby.

2000 Type S Legnum Series II
Pearl white
Manual
70xxx

she's very straight and i'm very happy with my purchase. she came with some goodies as well..

* 3" exhaust & Oval Varex Muffler (with remote) - used it for real the first time the other night while driving past an RBT.
* Exedy Sports Organic Performance Clutch
* Adjustable Selby's heavy duty sway bars
* Evo8 8MR metal BOW & short shifter
* Gauges inbuilt in dash clock and sunglasses holder (boost, voltage, oil temp & pressure)

been loving driving around as the Legnum handles great and has plenty of grunt.

I'm keen to:
* Wheels - change from stock. any suggestions/recommendations/testimonies on sizes, styles..?
* Suspension - both rear suspensions have been changed as the right rear wore out. Evo8 suspension was installed from memory.. regardless the back sits lower than the front. i'd like to get the car sitting even, and hence i might raise the back to match the front? exhaust tip scraps occasionally.

Any tips, suggestions, or if your selling these parts, would be cool to hear. keen to use these forums and maybe go for a cruise.

Hoping to take some pics soon and will post them up.

Cheers, Jarryd

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
welcome to ozvr4, Jarryd. get some pics up mate.

all the info you need is here somewhere

eg:

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ook-here-FIRST. (index to lots of good stuff)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...ommon-problems (common issues/fixes)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...rum.-MUST-READ (all the info about these cars and their varients)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...taged-Upgrades (staged upgrades)
http://ozvr4.com/forums/showthread.p...tion-Info-HELP (production info)

also, what wheel widths and offsets suit

and if you're wondering why you cant post a new thread, its cause you hav to be a donating member, which is $5.

i think that covers everything. again, welcome :) what's your plans for the car?

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Welcome aboard, sounds like a nice addition! Wouldn't mind some custom gauge pods :(

As for the wheels, hit up Paul's link since he has been kind enough to document almost every size imaginable over the past few years. Different sizes for different applications, but they're all there.

Don't raise the rears, just drop the fronts :p you won't regret it!

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
Welcome, Love pearl white and sound like a good car you got there. Off carsales?? as i saw one that sounds the same on there

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Welcome Jarryd nice choice of wagon you have there, post up some pics when you can, the first mod you should look at is an ECU flash, get in touch with TME_Steve, well worth the money :)

Cheers Phil

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Welcome mate and sounds like a nice car!

Any photos of the custom guages? I am looking at getting a guage pod made to replace the clock and am hunting for ideas!

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
hey all, thanks for the welcome and info!

i managed to take a few photos at a nice location, then i had a crack at photo-shopping. haha please forgive the editing...

12.jpg

11.jpg

62.jpg

61.jpg

52.jpg

51.jpg

42.jpg

41.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

22-1.jpg

21.jpg

i'll get some interior photos of the gauges when i get a chance...

As for my plans, first things is suspension/wheels then.. a lil work on the ECU sounds nice... and after that who knows :confused:

i'm open to suggestions/advice/feedback/testimonies about pretty much anything..

cheers

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Welcome aboard ;)

Modifying these überwagen is somewhat of a well trodden path these days so they respond to the usual stuff; TBE, FMIC, ECU reflash and raised boost via 3 port. Get your breathing mods done, then tune.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
Here are the gauges Pete

boost + voltage

17022012399.jpg

oil temp + pressure (it closes and is completely hidden)

17022012402.jpg

the combo (looks a lot better at night and easily hidden)

17022012401.jpg

cheers

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Very neat indeed!
I wish there was some way of making the whole guage visible in the clock position, the sunken look makes it look like a DIY... where I want it to look factory.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
i guess a smaller diameter gauge would do the trick, not sure where you got grab one but... and the bottom of the gauges never actually get used (ie boost is never that negative and if voltage was that low the gauge wouldn't work) haha :D

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Yeah I don't think there is smaller gauges.
I already have a boost gauge that I find quite handy, especially when driving nicely waiting for the engine to warm up. The other gauge I want is a oil pressure and something else... dunno oil temp.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
Hey All,

After reading up on some forum info doing a lil research, i'm keen to get the Legnum tuned by TME_Steve (anyone reading this got a testimony as well??) but prior to that i'd like to do a lil work to get the some out of the tune...

1) FMIC - appears that x3emotorsports (ivan) puts together some nice kits. any recommendations on best bang for buck? is stage 3 really worth the extra $ over stage 1 when i'm not looking at going over ~10-11psi

2) 3 port solenoid - any advise of which/where?

i'm reading up on the forums before i go ahead, but i'd love to hear spec's on what people are running or have heard the best way about these mods..

Cheers, Jarryd

Ps the legnum is the envy of my mates(y)

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
1) Stage 3 (hard piping) never got off the ground, so you only have the choice between stage 1 or 2.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
Contact Steve himself as I think he has a couple of spare 3-port solenoids for people wanting a tune. He'll probably see this anyway!

As for the FMIC I don't think Ivan has any stage 3 kits at all. Your other options include the HDI kits from eBay, or random yumcha brand kits from eBay as well. Plenty of people have had positive experiences with them. I've got the Greddy FMIC kit but it was already with the car, I don't think you'd have much luck buying it for a good price these days. Anyway sounds like you're pretty close to a tune!

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Bang for buck? $100 600x300x76 whatever Chinese brand intercooler and probably some second hand cusco hard pipes from yahoo japan, exhaust would help get some more power out also and can still be quiet if that's what you want? And talk to Steve about a 3 port and 11 psi, why not 16?

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
I am going the 600x300x76 ebay option currently. Check out the installation guide in the guides section of the forum for details and help on this option.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Cant find anyone better than TME_Steve to tune yr car!! He did mine and it was fantastic after that and he is very reasonable too..

I'm not a fan of Ivans kit..I went with the HDi GT2 intercooler..needs some massaging to fit but its a really good cooler..IMO you should get an exhaust and cooler to best the best results from Steve's tune..but there have ben stock legnums that have been tuned and they have been a lot smoother..and you may get better fuel consumption too...

In regards to the soleniod..ask Steve which one to get..you could also get an Electronic boost controller if you like...

Top Bottom