G'day

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Cant find anyone better than TME_Steve to tune yr car!! He did mine and it was fantastic after that and he is very reasonable too..
Yep, spot on Aamir. I'm sure we were both surprised to see improved fuel economy with power after the tune ( including larger intercooler). I ended up going for the HDi as well.

Jarryd, if you're impressed with the car now, a TME ECU flash/tune will make you smile even more. In stock form, the factory ECU is quite an unhappy bugger, pretty much saying" argh, leave me alone. Here ya go ya bloomin greedy engine, have all the fuel ya want" and sends the signal to just dump fuel pretty much everywhere in the rev range. Hence our cars running too rich in the meaty part of the powerband, and even when you're not in it. When I had my PFL (manual) Legnum, even the dyno told the same AFR story ( too much fuel in most areas).

Steve basically gives the ECU some "special counselling". He convinces it that this is a wasteful and unappreciative attitude to have and basically tells the ECU to grow a pair when it sees you pushing the happy pedal.
So what ends up happening is that your car feels like its getting precisely the amount of fuel it needs at the given RPM range. Combine that with a few tickles of timing and more boost, everyone ends up laughing but it's safe coz' there's no laughing gas involved at all...
Not too long ago, a manual boost controller was probably the best bang for buck mod, now with the advances in tuning our cars these clever blokes have made, it has to be pretty close to being the best modification for a 6A13 on stock turbos, IMHO.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
HDi GT2 FMIC kit ordered today!!!

i'm still debating if i should remove the mesh on the front bumper so its a lot more visible... or leave it with the mesh on it.

any recommendations/pics??

cheers

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Nice car! It looks in very good condition indeed. Only 70,000 Kms eh? That's a good find :)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
I took mine off bout to put it back on. much prefere it on. Also adds a bit of protection.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I prefer the grill-off look, especially with a nice-sized cooler. Gotta take into account that if you drive on high-speed roads with stones/bugs etc. that you may damage it though. I only drove mine around the 'burbs so left the grill off the old Legnum, the new one has its grill on still but I don't like it as much.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
intercooler arrived today! busy till next week so gotta wait till then to install.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
no uni today, so i spent all day installing the new intercooler... ha removing the lights, bumper, washer bottle, reinforcement bar (and customizing the bar), installing new intercooler with piping is as far as i got. had to go out in the arvo but tomorrow i plan to tackle the power steering tubes.

Them power steering tubes are so rigid but. been reading about people bending them to go behind the intercooler.. far out seems impossible and awkward as

the plain stockness
29022012412.jpg

the new HDi GT2 VR4 kit. them PS lines still infront.. any tips on how to get em behind!?!?? and don't say brute force cuz i know that ;)

29022012416.jpg

keen as to get her back together and take her for a spin

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
cut them and use some hose the re join?

ps, create a build thread/diary in members rides too man.

Black_Ice

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Aamir
Drive
WRX
Dont put the PS lines behind the cooler..the reason they are in front is for cooling purposes...I had the same intercooler kit and the PS lines were infront..a little bit of a tight fit but yeah...
Also why remove the headlights? I didnt have to remove them during my installation (Oh you used the guide and in there they ask to remove the headlights but its not necessary) ...Also if its not too late DO NOT use the brackets that they supplied..they are very weak and fragile..if you can get stronger brackets that would be great..for mine we welded additional brackets to the sides of the intercooler for extra support...

Poita

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Peter
Drive
Legnum
Wow your PS cooler is huge! The one I ordered is about half the size. Oh well should be better than the factory setup of a couple pipes...

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
Yeah it's overkill alright, came with the cooler kit from Ivan.

SWagon

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Jarryd
Drive
Legnum Type S
I'm liking the cooler setup Joe! (even though is jiegantor)

$70 (including) postage from ebay gets a kit which i'll be able to install anywhere and is a perfect size... also comes with piping.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Auto-Gea...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a65d2a34

for the time being i'll just reassemble with the pipes running in front of the intercooler (looks tame) but all good.. i'm still waiting for the rust proofing to dry on the "custom" reinforcement bar (primed it, and putting 2x coats on it - 16hrs to dry!) than the wagon should be back on the road. keen.

any yeah eventually i'll post up the build thread... eventually....

thanks for all the suggestions/advice. heaps good

Top Bottom