Gold Coast Workshops

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Found the list of recommended workshops but they are all quite far from me. If anyone knows of a half decent workshop in the tweed or goldcoast area that would be awsome! Doesnt need to be a performance shop just a place that can at least do a proper AYC service.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Where abouts do you live?

I reckon i may have spotted you if you ever frequent the Tweed. I saw a FL White Leggie over Sexton Hill a little while back.

G

Unregistered
Found the list of recommended workshops but they are all quite far from me. If anyone knows of a half decent workshop in the tweed or goldcoast area that would be awsome! Doesnt need to be a performance shop just a place that can at least do a proper AYC service.

Lee (Leebutts) lives on the goldy, maybe shoot him of a PM asking where he gets his serviced.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Gavin Wood Autotech is near Harbour Town and has been pretty good with my car. I don't know of anyone else, Trev mentioned Nispro, I'm not sure where they are.

cheers

Lee

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Thanks guys If I cant find a shop near Murwillumbah/Tweed heads Ill give Gaving Wood Autotech a go. Going to change the oil today myself thanks to an excellent guide I found on here and gonna throw in a K&N panel filter aswell.

I do frequent Tweed Heads a bit but Ive only had the car about a week now so probably wasnt me?

If anyone else knows of any other decent workshops in my area please let me know

Peter_D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Pete
Drive
Cab Colt & Evo 6
Chris,

you might have to foster one yourself. Start taking your car there on a regular basis and supply them with the "how to's" from this site and Club VR4. Give them feed back on there work, tell them you'll keep coming back if they do a good job and look after you.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Yeah that might be the best idea. I just went and asked the local mitsu dealership service center about an AYC service and they seemed pretty puzzled, so we tried reading my cars computer with their machine and it didn't work. So I guess Ill work my way up the coast until I find someone who can read it and go from there.

coops

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris Cooper
Drive
Legnum vr4
gavin wood did a AYC service on my car, they did a good job, altough it needed to be taken back to blead again, but other then that they did a HUGE service on my legnum, cost me a little, but they did every fluid there was in the car.......

they get my vote aswell

local dealers cant do anything so dont even bother aswell.. tried that route myself

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Ill have to give them a call... they are only 45 minutes away. Thanks guys

If you dont mind me asking roughy what it cost you to get every fluid changed?

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Gavin wood is a damn good workshop. Charges what he quotes, gets the job done properly and all the staff seem like nice blokes. It's a bit far for me to go for normal servicing but he's good for stuff a bit more complicated.
I usually go to Bedser Automotive in Tweed Heads (Mitsubishi). They service a few Leggy's there apart from mine (and some EVO's) and apart from being a little reluctant to do any major work on the car they have done a good job on all regular services i've got done there such as AT flush, oil/filter change and other little things. Haven't had any problems with them at all, they seem like they know what they're doing, and the prices aren't too bad. I wouldn't ask them to do anything specific to our cars but for regular fluid changes etc they've done a good job and since they're 5 mins from my place they are convenient when i'm working hectic.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Bedser used to have a workshop in Murwillumbah aswell and it had a really bad reputation, being the biggest workshop in town almost everyone I knew had a horror story about them. I still took my lancer for servicing there though as It was under warranty.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I keep a pretty close eye on the work they've done and they haven't made any mistakes that i've spotted...and i'm pretty fussy :p Note that i'm VERY specific on what I want done though, don't leave them to work anything out really so i leave them little room to stuff up.

coops

Crunching Gears
First Name
Chris Cooper
Drive
Legnum vr4
Ill have to give them a call... they are only 45 minutes away. Thanks guys

If you dont mind me asking roughy what it cost you to get every fluid changed?

they had my car overnight for all the fluid changes (they where busy)

all up it cost me $~400-450 not including most fluids

they did

a/t flush
ayc service
both diffs
transfer case
checked my suspension
engine oil

think that is all, dont quote me on it tho, dont have the recipt infront of me

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Chris
Just do everything YOU can do yourself like transfer case, rear diff, engine oil/filter. You could always wait til the next SEQ home mechanics day and come along to get help with the tricky stuff.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah i'd do all my simple fluid changes myself if I could get my damn car into the garage. Too much low :( Anyways the next mech day will be a good oppurtunity to get some stuff done.

Taraska

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Taraska
Drive
Black VR-4!!!!!!
I did my AYC at Gavin Wood Autotech . Nice guy very genuine. Did a good job. He told me about AFM problem and he was right without an tests done to the car.
Taraska

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Anyone got anything done at GW Autotech apart from AYC? If so how was his pricing on general mechanical work?

Top Bottom