Great news !!!! :-)

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Just had to spread the news on here too

I'M GETTING A COMPANY CAR !!!! YAAAAAAAY (y)

It's only a VW Caddy 1.9 Turbo-Diesel 6-sp DSG, but hey it means I can sell the RVR & therefore just might be able to hang on to my beloved Super :)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Just to prove my brain is always ticking over, and after the conversation about the Santa Fe, guess who I thought of when I saw the auto diesel Peugeot 4007 had just been released...

http://www.peugeot.com.au/model-engine/4007/suv/

Train spotters will spot that it's another car with a different nose...

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
Nice! Having driven a Skoda Octavia with the same combo - 1.9TDI and 6 speed DSG - if you're driving that in the city you will LOVE it. In tipshift mode in the city it was great, just rapid firing through the gears shifting up at 3000rpm, quite effective. It was also capable of lighting up the fronts rolling in second gear (and needless to say first). Stability control would flash its lights at you but do nothing about it...
http://www.peugeot.com.au/model-engine/4007/suv/
Train spotters will spot that it's another car with a different nose...
Trainspotters? You mean the people who read the articles a couple of years ago that clearly stated the Outlander, 4007 and C-Crosser are the same shell? :p

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Strangely the Outlander is available in the UK with a 2.0 and 2.2 diseasel. I'd very much perfer the Mitsi front end over anything that the stupid french people put on. In saying that, we already get the best Outlander made, the 6B31 V6 :D

That 2.2 they are putting in is a VAG unit. The Mitsi 2.2 is much more powerful. MITSUBISHI Concept-RA is powered by a new high-efficiency, low-emissions 2.2-liter 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve turbodiesel engine with MIVEC*6 continuously variable valve timing control. With piezoelectric injector common-rail direct fuel injection that allows a lower compression ratio and with a VD (Variable Diffuser)/VG (Variable Geometry) turbocharger, the clean diesel unit delivers a maximum output of 150 kW (204 PS) and maximum torque of 420 Nm (42.8 kg-m).

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
No love for the 4007 then - to be honest I'd rather they just sold a diesel Outlander, but I'm presuming they're trying not to cannibalise each others' markets.

The Caddy's actually a really good choice though - they have potential! haha

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Free car FTW!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
OK it's now in my hands !!

Fuel economy already far blitzes the RVR, & beats the Legnum, but that was a given.

Gear shifting up is almost seamless that you don't notice it unless you are flooring it hard, which is pointless as it won't respond like a Legnum to flooring. Takes a while to think about it before taking off.

Big thing I noticed was that when cruising at 110km/h, I was pulling more revs in 6th than what I do in the Legnum in 5th...

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
Of course, it is a commercial vehice, ratios are for pulling 500kgs up a hill not going 200kmh.

Where i used to work have a Caddy, i thought it was excellent. The DSG is amazing and it had a fair bit of poke too.

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
I've noticed it rolls like a manual before engaging gears..

Very offputting when you're not expecting it !

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
What rpm's are you at in 6th at 100kmh?

Somewhere around 2300-2400rpm with an empty car. It's a fair hike for the extra 10km/h. Something really noticeable in the RVR too. It will sit in 4th at 2500rpm doing 100km/h, then jump to 3000rpm for the extra 10km/h.

Grandpa sat dead on 2500rpm in 5th at 110km/h, the Super is about 2750rpm.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
That is similar to a manual VR-4 then. Must be fun through the gears on a twisty road :)

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I have to say, in my experience with DSG i'd never get one, especially in a turbo'd car. Makes the lag SOOOOOOO noticable while its trying to find gears!

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
I like the idea.....

I've never driven one though. I reckon an EVO X SST in super sport mode through the hills could be good fun.

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I have to say, in my experience with DSG i'd never get one, especially in a turbo'd car. Makes the lag SOOOOOOO noticable while its trying to find gears!

My wife's Jetta (2.0 turbo petrol with 6sp DSG) never hunts for gears. It's almost uncanny how well, and quickly (ie. before you've even thought about it), it picks the correct gear.

Top Bottom